We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
1. Are you cooking the meal this year? Kind of, we're a military family so we do a pot luck at our house every year. I do a turkey, a ham, green bean casserole, stuffing, mashed sweet potatoes and a few pies, apple, pumpkin, pecan, and usually a pecan/pumpkin. The rest is up to everyone else to chip in and bring sides.
2. Is there any food you have to avoid giving your LO because of reflux? Unfortunately, yes. He can't have the ham because it cooks in soda, he can't have the green bean casserole because of the dairy, no pumpkin pie because of dairy either. He should be ok with the turkey, stuffing, and sweet potatoes, and maybe a taste or two of apple pie.
3. Are you having a big family meal or a small get-together? We end up with close to 30 people most years, so many of DH's co-workers can't get home either and it's nice to share the important days with "family."
Mom to 3 (1998, 2000, and 2009), step-mom to 1 (1995), two four-legged babies who bark, wife and full time student.
My days are busy, my house is messy, and my heart is full!
Would love to be having Thanksgiving but we already had ours here in Canada! Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving and I hope you all have a fabulous day!
Almost my entire family lives in Toronto, so I never get Thanksgiving with them.
1. Are you cooking the meal this year? No, my mom and step-dad are.
2. Is there any food you have to avoid giving your LO because of reflux? I will avoid anything with milk, but I know he will be all over the veggies and turkey. He loves to eat.
3. Are you having a big family meal or a small get-together? My step-dad is having a lot of his family over. DH, Wes, and I are going together obviously. DH's family does not do Turkey Day dinner, so the choice to go to my mom's was easy.
///...........................Lauren, wife to Jay, mom to Wesley and Ruby