Ugh! *Updated 3.28

Forum: GER- Reflux

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To GER- Reflux LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2011, 06:36 PM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ruby has reflux too. She screamed yesterday from 5pm to 5am. She is really keeping me busy. I hope everyone else is doing ok.

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11

Last edited by ~LaurenNoel~; March 28th, 2011 at 05:36 PM.
March 15th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Do you have a wrap? Mine was a life and sanity saver with Gabe.
March 17th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Yes, she is in the Moby constantly. I have to take her out of it to be able to pick up Wesley though (which happens a lot).

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
March 17th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Breanne's Avatar Veteran
Oh no!!!! I can't even imagine, I hope you all can find the perfect remedy for her really soon, keep us posted! How are you holding up??
March 28th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Ruby has been screaming from 7pm, to the early morning every night. Her stomach has been getting so distended, I couldn't get a diaper on her. They are guessing milk protein allergy (I cut out dairy, but it isn't enough), along with silent reflux.
it's been tough. I know you guys understand. Starting today, she will take Alimentum while I pump to keep up my supply. If after a week she is much better, she might need to stay on a hypoallergenic formula. If she is still miserable, I will breastfeed again, and we will do more testing/change meds. She has been on Zantac since 3 wks old.

................ ...

Ruby (2.16.11)
March 28th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh hon! I know this is beyond tough for you. Are you reading the labels on your packaged food too? There are a ton of foods that have dairy in them. And don't forget that milk protein takes 3 weeks to be out of your system and then another 3 to be out of her system too. Keep us posted, please.
April 3rd, 2011, 11:13 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I'm so sorry, Lauren. I've been there... am there right now. I hate that this is even possible. Hope she heals on the alimentum.

}

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search