heading to the GI on Wednesday (vent)

Forum: GER- Reflux

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To GER- Reflux LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
So Miss Avery was diognosed with reflux around 2 or 3 weeks old. We started teh myloox (spelling) route, and I think we poured half a bottle down her throat in a few days. So we then when to zantac... like giving her water... did the swallow ultrasound, where they used ultrasound to see how often she was refluxing. She did like 20 times in 15 minutes, and a few were the big ones past mouth and into nose. So then we were on prevacid. Prevacid worked beautifully! She stayed on that from about 6 weeks till about 11 or so months old. She was weaned off with no issues.
Then it came back around 17-18 months. Back on prevacid we went. Everything was fine then too. Well then she had 3 surgeries in a month, and as soon as we had the first one, the reflux came back even though she was still on the prevacid. Screaming at night, grabbing her throat and saying "owey!!" hick ups, gurgling in her throat ect. so we talked to the ped. at church and she said that if we tried motrim and it wasn't helping then most likely it was the reflux coming through the prevacid. So off to the GI we go on Wednesday.
I have friends that see him, so I know he is pretty hands off as far as surgery and testing goes, but I am sooo scared he is going to want to do a biopsy on her. This poor kid at 21 months (today) has had 6 surgeries and 3 of them in the last 4 weeks. I am so NOT putting her thorugh more crap!
From what I was told between my 2 friends that have kids that see him and my ped. he most likely will put her on Nexium for a few months and then see how she is doing, then possibly do a biopsy.

so I just had to vent to others that have delt/ are dealing with reflu babies! What a mess!!!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

April 12th, 2011, 06:30 AM
This whole reflux thing is one of the hardest things I've ever dealt with. Coming from a mom who was on bedrest and gave birth to a relatively unhealthy preemie. It's impossibly hard to watch your child in pain and to not be able to "fix it." I don't have any advice except to say I'm so sorry your going through this!

I'm sure you already have crossed this path, but has she been tested for allergies? Our doc insists that allergy symptoms mimic reflux symptoms so they are often treated wrong. Just a thought, as I am sure that you have already covered all this over the last year and a half. Hang in there mama.
April 12th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
we actually have never tested for allergies because we were told both by the GI when she was little and then again by the ped. that we would see "other" problems. Skin, spitting up, diarrhea, constipation, something of those things. never have.
maybe they wil say something this go around but as of now we have not. Especially with the fact that she was off of reflux medications for over 8 or 9 months with no probkens, grr i don't know lol guess I'll find out tomorrow

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

April 15th, 2011, 04:00 AM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How did it go Kaytee?

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11
April 26th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
we didn't make it We were held up at her eye doctor appointment. So we had to rechedule, well that means May15th, that means we won' thave insurance... long story on that.
so I don' tknow.

we moved her to nexium though. She went to the ped because she was due for a vaccine (we are scheduled and delayed) and I didn't want to give it without an exam being she is refluxing so much, 3 surgeries since last visit ect...
her throat was red and slightly inflamed but no swollen glands, so reflux is definately bothering her. We moved her to Nexium, to try to get it to heal. Since Nexium heals better then the others.

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

April 29th, 2011, 05:12 PM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor thing. Wesley hasn't had any issues in a while. I hope she grows out of it soon.

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search