Newbie with a question!

Forum: GER- Reflux

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To GER- Reflux LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Natsmom0801's Avatar ~TTC #2 for our #1~
Hello ladies!

My daughter, Natalee, is almost 3 and for the last few months she wakes up 3 or 4 nights a week vomitting for several hours. Well after many trips to her pediatrician we finally took her to a pediatric gastro doctor today and he diagnosed her with severe GERD. He has prescribed Prevacid for her.

My question is how long did it take for your little ones to start feeling better once they were put on medicine? She has been losing weight and very anemic from not eating and vomitting so much, but tonight I gave her the first does of Prevacid and she has not stopped eating! I have not seen her eat this much in several months. Could the medicine be working that fast or is it just a fluke??

Thank you in advance!

Holli... Wife to Allen 11/25/06 and Mommy to Natalee 08-01-08
July 22nd, 2011, 10:21 PM
MauMama's Avatar formerly La_Sirena
I can't really say, but I know from an adult perspective, when I first started on Somac, the instant relief of not having burning liquid shooting up my throat was pure joy! I remember eating a hamburger as I had been living off white bread and bananas. I was also quite anemic and while it does take a bit of time to recover health, it is such a relief to feel better.

I hope your daughter is doing well now.

Jen + Matt
Parents to Sophie, the Wondergirl
Asperger's Syndrome
Joint Hypermobility
GERD & Constipation
Anxiety

Angels Autum & Isla (2007)
+ 7 others (2002 - 2011)

Mama with arthritis & connective tissue disorder called TRaPS
I've been charting since Jan 16, 2001 and TTA since April 2007.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search