Yay!!! So glad this board is here!

Forum: GER- Reflux

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To GER- Reflux LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2006, 06:30 AM
Meegan
Just wanted to say hi to everyone and get things rolling!

I am Meegan, 27, my son Christian is 4 months and has reflux. He is currently taking Prevacid and eats Enfamil AR formula.
August 18th, 2006, 06:34 AM
Mama Melissa's Avatar Bienvenue Canada
Woohoo! I'm so excited! We got it!!

I'm Melissa, 28 and my son is Jacob 10 weeks old....he was diagnosed with reflux at 6 weeks old...he takes a combination of Enfamil A + (Lipil in the USA) and Enfamil Thickened (AR in the USA)...he is currently taking Zantac 1ml two times a day!

Melissa

August 18th, 2006, 06:55 AM
Llamamama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're here!!!

Alexander is 4.5 months and he has reflux. We are on soy formula thickened with oatmeal and Zantac 0.8ml 3x a day. We've also just started solids about 2 weeks ago.

My boys are beautiful and look forward to meeting the new member of our family

@LizPW on Twitter or find me on my blog
August 18th, 2006, 07:02 AM
jandswood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jandswood
I'm Sarah,
Luke is 2 1/2 months and on Zantac and nursing.
August 18th, 2006, 07:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Cassie Send a message via MSN to Cassie Send a message via Yahoo to Cassie
Hi all!

I'm Cassie, my kids are Jasmine, Nick, and Belle. Nick was my preemie and reflux baby. He's 3 now, so I'm mostly here just to give advice and support, not receive it. I'm happy to help wherever I can!

August 18th, 2006, 08:32 AM
Linz's Avatar Slacker Extraordinaire
I'm Lindsay (29). Connor is 8 months. He has reflux as well as a milk protein allergy. He was breastfed for the first 5 or 6 months, but he's now on Enfamil Nutramigen (and doing 100x better than he ever did on breastmilk, despite drastic dietary changes on my part). He takes Axid twice a day because he's allergic to Zantac. He's also been on solids since 6 months.

**thanks to trish for C's birthday siggy**
August 18th, 2006, 11:17 AM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi!
I'm Krista, Mama to my 3 kiddos. My Anika is 4 years old and has severe reflux which was dx'd at 6 weeks. She is only on prevacid now as she had the Nissen Fundoplication 1 year ago which has made it impossible for her to vomit; though I heard what sounded like a silent reflux a couple times in the last week- I'm praying it hasn't slipped yet. Anika also has Delayed gastric emptying and motility problems. She has a g-tube, but has been eating solids by mouth for 3 1/2 months

Youngest child had reflux since birth, but he out grew it by 6 months without the use of drugs; just a wedge and keeping him upright most of the day.

</div>
August 18th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Hi Krista,

I'm sorry the surgery and g-tube were necessary for Anika but that's great that she only needs prevacid now. I hope the fundoplication continues to be successful. I'll keep her in my thoughts. Does she like solids?

**edited because I can't spell today

August 18th, 2006, 03:43 PM
irishxrose
Yay, I'm glad this board is up!

My name is Andrika, and I have a son, Joshua, who was born 4/23/06. He is on Enfamil AR, and is taking Zantac.
August 18th, 2006, 03:48 PM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Hi Krista,

I'm sorry the surgery and g-tube were necessary for Anika but that's great that she only needs prevacid now. I hope the fundoplication continues to be successful. I'll keep her in my thoughts. Does she like solids?

**edited because I can't spell today [/b]

Thanks
Yes, itw as a long rocky road, and she very picky with textures, but she loves the foods that she loves, lol. She also has a HUGE sweet tooth, she calls herself a "candy girl" which we shouldn't be proud of- but she eats with her mouth!!!! lol

</div>
August 18th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Quote:
She also has a HUGE sweet tooth, she calls herself a "candy girl" which we shouldn't be proud of- but she eats with her mouth!!!! lol[/b]
Funny!

Sounds like she is making great strides since the surgery. I hope things continue to improve for her.

August 18th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Dayna1
Hi everyone, I'm Dayna and I'm 26. My son Brayden, who is 3 months old is on Enfamil AR (which I have to add cereal too, otherwise he throws that up) and is on 2.2ml of Zantac twice a day.
August 19th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Meegan
Krista, sounds like you and Anika have been through alot! I'm so glad she is eating on her own now and only taking the Prevacid! That is what Christian takes too, seems to be working on him as well!
August 19th, 2006, 03:42 PM
kittycat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, I'm katra - mom to 2.5yo Kyle. Kyle had silent reflux until we ran out of breastmilk (9.5mo), then it developed immediately into severe reflux. He had been on Prevacid all along, but that didn't help control it. He stopped eating by mouth about month or so after we ran out of BM, and had a g-tube placed in December 2004. He still won't eat, we can't brush his teeth or feel inside his mouth, without him gagging and vomitting. He does take a paci, and has his hands it his mouth constantly - so that's good.

We're in Speech Therapy 1x/week during the summer, 2x/week during the school year. We hope that Kyle will be eating by the time he goes to Kindergarten.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search