Did your doctor worry about Pyloric Stenosis?

Forum: GER- Reflux

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To GER- Reflux LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Meegan
With Pyloric Stenosis running in my family, this being my first son was a huge factor in my doctor worrying about Christian having it. Another symptom of PS is that the reflux rears its head around 5 weeks, which it did. But, thankfully, he threw that theory out the window when we saw that Christian wasn't losing weight, but gaining it rather successfully. It was quite scary for awhile though, thinking he may have to have surgery to correct the PS, just as my younger brother did. Any of you have that scare?
August 18th, 2006, 11:27 AM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The Dr's were concerned that Anika had it, and tested her for it when she was admitted back to the hospital, but now that I know more about it- I don't know why. I think it's supposed to be standard to test of PS with any possible GERD diagnosis to rule it out, but Anika never had projectile vomiting (we called it waterfall vomiting, lol), and she was failure to thrive.

</div>
August 18th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Meegan
Quote:
The Dr's were concerned that Anika had it, and tested her for it when she was admitted back to the hospital, but now that I know more about it- I don't know why. I think it's supposed to be standard to test of PS with any possible GERD diagnosis to rule it out, but Anika never had projectile vomiting (we called it waterfall vomiting, lol), and she was failure to thrive.[/b]
Wow that is strange that they tested her for it, since my doc said it only runs in boys! Weird huh?
August 18th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Linz's Avatar Slacker Extraordinaire
That would be a scary possibility!

Connor was only projectile vomiting the few times he was given regular (milk-based) formula. The rest of the time it was just lots and lots of spit up. Our doctor said if he had PS he'd be projectile vomiting every time he ate. So it really wasn't a concern for us. He was also gaining perfect weight up until about 2-3 months when the reflux was at its worst.

**thanks to trish for C's birthday siggy**
August 18th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Quote:
The Dr's were concerned that Anika had it, and tested her for it when she was admitted back to the hospital, but now that I know more about it- I don't know why. I think it's supposed to be standard to test of PS with any possible GERD diagnosis to rule it out, but Anika never had projectile vomiting (we called it waterfall vomiting, lol), and she was failure to thrive.[/b]
Wow that is strange that they tested her for it, since my doc said it only runs in boys! Weird huh?
[/b]

It's more prevelant in boys, but girls can get it to. Everyone has a pylorus.

</div>
August 18th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Meegan
Quote:
It's more prevelant in boys, but girls can get it to. Everyone has a pylorus. [/b]
Oh ok, that I did not know! Thanks for the info!
August 18th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Anytime!

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search