Reflux Mommy Roll Call!!

Forum: GER- Reflux

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To GER- Reflux LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Veteran
My name is Tristan I just found this part of the JM forum and my dd Shayla is four now and was diagnosed shortly after birth with severe GERD. We found out the cause of hers and she is now doing wonderfuly. When she was born she twisted as her shoulders were coming out (right as the doctor yanked on her). I didn't think anything about it at the time nor in the two stressful years following. She was diagnosed with reflux before she was even one month old and was promptly put on 2 different meds. Things weren't working and she screamed a lot and threw up a lot and was just pretty miserable and in a lot of pain. When she was 2 and a half we took her to Primary Childrens hospital in Utah and they gave us different meds to try and a new diet to try, but none of it worked and they just wanted to throw more meds at her. (She tried Zantac, Reglan, Phenergan, Previcid, and Prilosec). We finally found a chiropractor that does something a little different. He works with the muscles and massages them into place (and trains them) so that them hold the spine in the right place. Anyway we found this dr. and he was amazing within about a month she was no longer in pain and she was vastly improving. He said that the way she twisted when she was born tightened the muscles in her back and were curving her spine, right where it would send the messages between the brain and the stomach. If we hadn't had it figured out she would have ended up with multiple sclrosis. Now all of our children have had their spines checked and when I have this next one I will take the baby in to be checked. We spent several long years battling with the constant hunger and the screaming. We are grateful that we have figured things out for our little girl she is so much happier now that she is no long in such horrible pain.

July 22nd, 2008, 08:24 AM
Veteran
I'm Jess. My son Noah is 2 months old and was diagnosed with Reflux at 3 wks of age.

July 22nd, 2008, 08:30 AM
Super Mommy
Welcome!
- Xty
July 29th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Jasons_Mommy's Avatar I love my little man!!
Send a message via AIM to Jasons_Mommy
Hey Im Kristyn, my son was diagnosed with reflux at 7 weeks after asperating into his lungs and turning blue on his mommy many times!!!!!

Thank you Sara(misfitinmn) for my siggy!!
August 14th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Super Mommy
Poor little guy! Welcome!
- Xty
August 20th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Mom of 3 Preemie girls
Missi mom to Crystal 17m had reflux diagnosed since few days old, ph probe, 8wks (about) scanti scan, more tests include upper gi, follow thru, ph probe again and endoscopy.
August 21st, 2008, 10:10 AM
Super Mommy
Welcome - come on in and hang with us...
- Xty
January 2nd, 2009, 06:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Patsy
Quote:
Please sign in with your name, baby's name and age, and how long they have had reflux.[/b]
My name is Patsy. My Daughters name is Brooklyn and she was Diagnosed by me at birth and Officially diagnosed when she was 4 1/2 weeks.. She is now 5 weeks old!

January 5th, 2009, 04:39 PM
itsmemaggi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to itsmemaggi Send a message via MSN to itsmemaggi
I'm Maggi, mom to Jenna Lynn, who is 2 and a half months old. I'm not entirely sure how long she's had reflux, but it was diagnosed around her 2-month mark, about the same time she got placed in a pavlik harness for her hip dysplasia. This kid's been through one heck of a lot!

xoxo
Maggi

Thank you,
PinkCuppycakeSprinkles, for my beautiful siggy!!

February 12th, 2009, 10:21 AM
tristansmom08's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to tristansmom08 Send a message via Yahoo to tristansmom08
Name: Charlee
Baby's Name: Tristan
Baby's Age: 4 months
Reflux: about 3 months

June 27th, 2009, 10:27 PM
My name is Tamara
Mother to Brayden (6 months)
Has had Reflux since Birth...on bethanocol and zantac
August 7th, 2009, 10:16 AM
I am Beth, my daughter is Megan and she has had reflux from the day she was born. The first week we came home she started AR formula with rice already mixed in. She has been on previcid since 3 weeks. The hosp told me she was spitting up so much when she was born because I had a c-section but she never quit spitting up so her peds finally put her on medicine and she is a lot happier now. She is 3 1/2 month old now.
September 5th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Veteran
My name is Amy and my son is Andrew. He was first diagnosed with reflux at 3 weeks and he is 5 months now.
December 15th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Crystal1972's Avatar Super Mommy
Jaylyn Alexandra
6 months old
Reflux since birth due to TE Fistula
Prevacid 7.5 tab x 2 a day
Erythomycin 200mg/5ml x 4 a day

September 3rd, 2010, 07:03 PM
mom of 2. 1 with reflux. Age 4 months (2.5 months gestational). Frustrated nd seeking hope.
October 2nd, 2010, 12:59 PM
Zombiie's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Zombiie Send a message via Yahoo to Zombiie
I'm Anya, mom to Dahlia. Dahlia is almost 4 months old and she's had GERD since birth. She's on .5ml of zantac 3 times a day. We're trying to get her medicine changed because she's still having problems. We've switched formula like a million times.

TTC #2 since December 2010 (officially).
March 2012- Femara = BFN
April 2012= HSG
May 2012= 100mg Clomid IUI (no trigger shot)
October 5th, 2010, 07:03 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm Courtney, mom to 2 year old Liliana (Lily) and 5 month old Abrielle (Abri). Abri is my reflux baby. She was diagnosed at 2 weeks of age. We tried Zantac for a month with no change in symptoms and then switched to Prevacid solutabs. We saw a vast difference with Prevacid. At this point most days are med-free, but every now and then she has a flare up.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search