New to the board

Forum: GER- Reflux

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To GER- Reflux LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2006, 11:36 AM
babydust's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to babydust
Hi everyone,
My name is Barb. I mostly hang out at the ttc board. My daughter, Michelle is 16 months old. When she was born I wanted to breastfeed her, but we had such a hard time with her latching on. We went to Enfamil formula. She seemed to spit up a lot. When we came home she would not sleep. She just had an awful time to be put down in the crib. After 3 months of spit up and long nights I went on the internet and did some research. I found out about GER. I asked her ped. about changing her formula to Nutramigen. We did and it seemed to help. She was also put on Zantac. After 2 months we stopped the Zantac. She stilled spit up, but not like she used too. Last month she came down with a cold. The runny nose left but the cough stayed. We kept going back to the doctor. They thought she might have asthma. She was given 2 inhalers. They didn't do anything. Today we went to the doctor again. This time to a different one. He asked me if she spit up when she was born. He checked her over. He couldn't hear any weezing or anything. He said that she might have Reflux. At night it seems to be the worst. She coughs and coughs. Last night was bad. She was screaming like she was in pain. She probably was. She is on Zantac twice a day. If she isn't better next week she has to go in again. Hopefully, she'll be better. Hoping to get to know you all.

October 11th, 2006, 11:44 AM
nahjah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope the Zantac works and that this doctor can help you and your daughter more than the other doc did. My 5 week old was just put on Zantac Friday. The girls on this board are great and are full of good information and advice. Keep us updated.
October 11th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Tigger's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you are dealing with this but I am glad you made your way here!!! I am hoping the zantac works for you we just had to put our dd who is 10 months back on zantac as well after being off of it for awhile!
October 11th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to JustBeginning Send a message via Yahoo to JustBeginning
She STILL has it!? Ah, I hope mine outgrows it by the time he's a year old.

Welcome to the board and I hope the Zantac works for her!

http://sarahspears.avonrepresentative.com/

October 11th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Linz's Avatar Slacker Extraordinaire
Hi Barb, to the reflux board. I'm Lindsay, one of the co-hosts and mommy to Connor (10 months). He on nutramigen and he takes axid twice a day for his reflux.

I'm going to share a couple of links that you might find interesting. The first one is a topic I posted about a week ago that explains the connection between reflux and asthma. Here's an excerpt - "It's been estimated that the prevalence of reflux among asthma sufferers range from 30 percent to 90 percent. Most kids will have typical symptoms of reflux (spitting up or vomiting, excessive crying and irritability, etc) but some do not express any outward symptoms. They are referred to as having silent reflux. Their only symptom may then become asthma and many doctors may not realize the link between reflux and asthma so the reflux never gets diagnosed or treated. The child's asthma can then be difficult to control with the normal medications." This might be what's going on with your daughter. If so, it sounds like you have a great doctor since most would've missed it.

Another one that comes to mind is posted here. It explains the link between reflux + airway, sinus & middle ear complications. I like that site because they have easy-to-understand animation that shows exactly how reflux can lead to other issues. It doesn't specifically discuss the asthma possibility, but it shows other health concerns that we might have to deal with as a result of the reflux.

I really hope the zantac helps her. Please keep us updated!

**thanks to trish for C's birthday siggy**
October 11th, 2006, 06:34 PM
babydust's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to babydust
Thanks for the welcomes and info. It will help. I'm going to check it out when I have more time. I'm glad to have found this board. Thanks again.

October 13th, 2006, 05:16 AM
Linz's Avatar Slacker Extraordinaire
We're glad you found us! Can't wait to hear if the medicine helps her.

**thanks to trish for C's birthday siggy**

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search