Pain at night??

Forum: GER- Reflux

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To GER- Reflux LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2006, 10:52 AM
babydust's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to babydust
Hello,
Michelle has only been on the Zantac 3 days so I know it's not kicking in yet, but she has been waking up at night just screaming. I go in and pat her and she settles down. I go back to bed and 5 minutes later she is screaming again. I noticed last night she was real gassy. She been gassy more lately. Is this a symptom of Reflux? I gave her some gas medicine and she went to sleep for about 2 hours and woke up again. This has been going on for over a month. Some nights not so bad where others are really bad. Are any of you going through the same thing? What do you do to comfort your child and get them back to sleep? Also, are there any of you out there with older children with Reflux? It seems a lot are babies. Just wondering.

October 16th, 2006, 02:57 AM
Tigger's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
awww I hate it when are babies are in pain my little on is only 10 months old i noticed yours if over a year I think reflux/gassy go hand in hand. can you elevate her at night that might help with the reflux. I am sure the other ladies here will have a ton more suggestions!!!!
October 16th, 2006, 04:34 AM
Veteran
That his how we found our son (now 10months) had reflux was at night he was just in so much pain and only slept for maybe 15-30min's. We tried the zatac but it didn't work for him and we changed to previcid which is helping.

Some things that have worked for helping him get a longer strech of sleep (still not all the way through the night): Not giving him any fluids past 4pm only solids, fluids are easy to come up with the reflux while solids are harder. Sleeping at an incline and still swaddled in a blanket(harder for an older child), and trying to keep him on his side not on his back.

Hope things get better for you.
October 16th, 2006, 06:47 AM
Linz's Avatar Slacker Extraordinaire
Connor's reflux has always been worse at night. He has only slept through the night 6 times ever and he's 10 months old. He gets at least one bottle during the night, sometimes two. I know that info really doesn't help you since Michelle is past the bottle stage. We do have some mommies with older children, hopefully they'll post here with some ideas for you. Mjp121212's son, Brayden, is 15 months and was recently put back on zantac. She also mentioned they are trying to determine the cause of his asthma, which could be reflux-related. Also, babyemma021205 has a 19 month old with reflux and LuckyGirlx4's 4yr old Anika has reflux as well.

I hope the zantac starts working very soon! Keep us posted.

**thanks to trish for C's birthday siggy**
October 16th, 2006, 07:00 AM
nahjah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There is a big age difference in our children but Parker's reflux was definitely worse at night. He was up every 45 min screaming And I think that yes, gas and reflux go together because before he was started on Zantac, every morning around 3:00, he would be so gassy and uncomfortable Elevating the head of his crib has helped. Hopefully the Zantac kicks in soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search