Bringing Work Home

Forum: The Teacher's Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Teacher's Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2009, 11:57 AM
New Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Since having Nora I find that I am trying to do most of my planning, grading etc. at work during my conference period. I always used to stay and do EVERYTHING but I've definitely been cutting back.

It's impossible for me to only do what needs to be done in 90 minutes so I've been spending part of Sundays getting everything set for the week so that once I come home after work (and I've been trying to leave pretty much when school ends instead of staying longer), I don't have to think about work until the next morning.

Just wondering what most of you do? I feel like I'm slacking at times instead of giving more homework etc. but I really want to enjoy my time home without thinking about work. By the time I do get home, eat dinner, play with Nora, give her a bath and she goes to bed...I'm tired too!
January 31st, 2009, 02:36 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
I used to bring home a ton and stay late...but after having Jeremy that's changed quite a bit. If I bring things home, I rarely do them. Between Jeremy, DH and other home things...I also have grad school on top of that. I just do what I can at work and realize it will still be waiting for me tomorrow.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
January 31st, 2009, 03:44 PM
CupcakeJamie's Avatar Got Cupcake?
The only time I bring anything home now is on Friday's - on Friday night, after Naomae goes to bed, I do my planning and grading so it's done. I don't even stress about it anymore because it's ok for me to finish it the next day at school tomorrow, the world will not end - that's the biggest thing I've learned
January 31st, 2009, 06:54 PM
lauren in hi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have always struggled w/ this. It's hard for me to get stuff done & has been ever since I got pregnant w/ Abby in 2005! I bring stuff home but it doesn't always get done. I do try to get to work early, but w/ traffic it's not always an option. And some days I stay late if I can. I am going to work on being better organized for next school year b'c right now I just can't imagine getting anything done w/ 2 kids to care for.

February 1st, 2009, 11:51 AM
*Angela*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used to stay late every day before I had kids. After Brantley was born I would still bring work home but it never even left my car so I quit bringing home. I do still occasionally bring it home to complete over the weekend, like this weekend since I lost most of my planning periods to meetings and science fair this week. Last year I did stay a little later because Brantley was with me after school so I didn't feel as guilty since one of my kids was with me. But this year I have to leave as soon as my students are gone to pick him up at his school (He has to wait in the office with the other teacher's kids ) I never come back to my school. So this year I am one of those teachers who gets there at the last minute and leaves with the kids.
February 1st, 2009, 10:11 PM
*Hayley*
The first half of the year I was going in early, staying late and still bringing work home, but this is my first year. That being said, I have cut back A LOT and only bring stuff home to grade if I have to. I don't go in early or stay late too often anymore either; i've really just found better ways of managing my time while at school

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search