Happy Monday!

Forum: The Teacher's Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Teacher's Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2011, 07:21 AM
CupcakeJamie's Avatar Got Cupcake?
How's everyone's week looking?
September 12th, 2011, 04:04 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé

lol In our district, every Monday is a half day (but subs are paid full day). I took a third grade class for a teacher I LOVED last year for today and tomorrow. I'm wishing I hadn't. They did not want to listen today. I couldn't wait for them to go home! I really hope tomorrow's better since I have them an hour and a half longer!

I also had a student that tried thought because she had a sub she could go home with a friend. Sorry kid, you don't just tell me and I say ok. If I don't have a note, it ain't happening. (I did have the office call mom to make sure.)

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
September 12th, 2011, 05:44 PM
I couldn't stand my third graders last year. I wanted them to go home as soon as they walked in. Last year was a hard year
September 13th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
They had a semi-better morning, but this afternoon was rough. I am GLAD to be home (and glad to not be book in there tomorrow!)

Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
September 13th, 2011, 04:44 PM
*Angela*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It has been a good week. We are starting to really settle into our routines.

Today I had a really great compliment from the SPED aide. She came to pick up my student and she said that I have the quietest class. She said that she isn't afraid to come in because of all of the noise coming from the room. She said I could even keep my door open and not worry about the noise going into the hall. She said this while my kids were at centers. WOW! That really made me feel good.
September 13th, 2011, 04:53 PM
That is such a great compliment! Especially during centers!!
September 13th, 2011, 04:54 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
It's going pretty well...it has been (and will continue to be!) a pretty crazy week for me. With the normal getting back to school busy and I have several 31 things to do so I'm working on some time management.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
September 13th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Angela* View Post
It has been a good week. We are starting to really settle into our routines.

Today I had a really great compliment from the SPED aide. She came to pick up my student and she said that I have the quietest class. She said that she isn't afraid to come in because of all of the noise coming from the room. She said I could even keep my door open and not worry about the noise going into the hall. She said this while my kids were at centers. WOW! That really made me feel good.
Angela, once again, I wanna sub for you! Move here (and bring your awesome class with you!)

September 13th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie View Post
Angela, once again, I wanna sub for you! Move here (and bring your awesome class with you!)
Right?! Her class does sound fantastic! What a great complement!

Augie...I hope you get better classes to sub for the rest of the week!

September 13th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Thanks, Lisa. I didn't get a job for tomorrow and honestly, I don't mind the break (though they could call in the morning). I would like to get something for Thursday and Friday though.

September 13th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Anyone need an assistant online? I'm available!

Although I was contacted today to apply as an education consultant with a company. My husbands a little leery but I just want to find some information out and then talk with him about it. If you read my blog today was a tough day.
September 14th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeJamie View Post
Anyone need an assistant online? I'm available!

Although I was contacted today to apply as an education consultant with a company. My husbands a little leery but I just want to find some information out and then talk with him about it. If you read my blog today was a tough day.
I could use an assistant! (Just not with teaching stuff!) I really need someone to come organize my home office and Thirty-One stuff! I've gotten so behind on it with school starting that I need to get myself back on track.

I've always thought it would be fun to be an education consultant. What company is it for?

September 14th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Well they are not perfect but a major improvement from previous years. I had to stop my phonics lesson today because they weren't listening and shouting out. I stopped and sent them back to their seats to regain control. We had a quick class meeting and came back to the carpet to finish the lesson. Thankfully they got the point - I am in charge I told them that my most favorite thing in the whole world is teaching and they were being bucket dippers when they were talking. (We read "Have you filled a bucket today?" They LOVED that book and the warm fuzzies that I used to fill our bucket)
September 14th, 2011, 05:35 PM
I LOVE the bucket book! Used it for every class!!

Lisa, it's a company I hadn't heard of before but it's work from home. I put in a preliminary application yesterday after they contacted me and today they emailed me the full application so I guess I got past the first screening.

Um, I'm totally serious by the way in helping out...I'll PM you
September 15th, 2011, 04:57 PM
So Jamie what will you be doing? I have never heard of an online assistant.
September 15th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Not sure yet. The online assistant is just to help out you guys if you want help so I can fill my days...lol

It is work from home...I'm hoping it's for training or getting test materials. That would rock.

I also got a part time gig 2 days a week at a local bakery (that makes the MOST AMAZING stuff) and since I have an interest in baking it works out, I'll get to learn something too

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search