Things kids say!!

Forum: The Teacher's Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Teacher's Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2011, 03:20 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
What's something funny/odd that a student has said to you recently?

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
October 3rd, 2011, 06:06 PM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
One of my students came up to me and gave me a hug and said "I love the way you were made!" So I asked "The way I was made?" And she said, "Yeah, the people that made you...they did a good job!"

<3

BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
October 3rd, 2011, 06:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Middle schoolers don't often have "cute" things to say...LOL!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

October 6th, 2011, 04:47 PM
*Angela*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Earlier this week I asked my kids during calendar what is the season. One of my cuties shouts out - FOOTBALL Season. I couldn't contain my giggle. His daddy is one of the highschool football coaches. His dad loved that one. Last month we were discussing the preamble for Constitution Day. We were talking about "the common defense" and I asked what "defense" means. Same lil guy gave the complete football defintion for defense. He makes his daddy proud.
October 11th, 2011, 03:53 PM
One of my kiddos last week said that he wished his mom looked like me, because I'm prettier! (Yay for me, but I would feel terrible if I'm his mom and found out he said that!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiramillek View Post
One of my students came up to me and gave me a hug and said "I love the way you were made!" So I asked "The way I was made?" And she said, "Yeah, the people that made you...they did a good job!"

<3
Awww!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinMommy View Post
Middle schoolers don't often have "cute" things to say...LOL!
I suppose not so much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Angela* View Post
Earlier this week I asked my kids during calendar what is the season. One of my cuties shouts out - FOOTBALL Season. I couldn't contain my giggle. His daddy is one of the highschool football coaches. His dad loved that one. Last month we were discussing the preamble for Constitution Day. We were talking about "the common defense" and I asked what "defense" means. Same lil guy gave the complete football defintion for defense. He makes his daddy proud.
My husband would love that!!

October 15th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
On Thursday, I was working with one of my Pre-K students on writing his name, and he got fed up and said, "I just want to do scribble-scrabble." I told him that he could do scribble-scrabble at recess, at home, during free center activities, but that now during this particular center, he needed to write his name the correct way and I would help him to do it. He was super frustrated and kept refusing, so I had to tell him that he could choose to do it now, or he could do it while others were at recess, but that it needed to get done today because it was part of his job at school. He said, "When I get home, I'm telling my mom on you." Omg, it was hard not to laugh out loud. He repeated this threat about 3 more times, but I just calmly told him that he certainly could do that if he wanted to. He finally wrote his name (all four letters of it).

October 19th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-Jay View Post
On Thursday, I was working with one of my Pre-K students on writing his name, and he got fed up and said, "I just want to do scribble-scrabble." I told him that he could do scribble-scrabble at recess, at home, during free center activities, but that now during this particular center, he needed to write his name the correct way and I would help him to do it. He was super frustrated and kept refusing, so I had to tell him that he could choose to do it now, or he could do it while others were at recess, but that it needed to get done today because it was part of his job at school. He said, "When I get home, I'm telling my mom on you." Omg, it was hard not to laugh out loud. He repeated this threat about 3 more times, but I just calmly told him that he certainly could do that if he wanted to. He finally wrote his name (all four letters of it).
I hope his mom doesn't give you a time out!

October 22nd, 2011, 07:20 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Lol! His mom took away an evening activity that he loves because he didn't get his work done that day (it would've taken 10 minutes, but he sat in front of it for a total of 2 hours -- spread apart -- that day!) The next day, he got ALL his work done early enough to have free choice time while others were still finishing up!

Another one:
I teach in a Catholic school, so we have kind of strict rules about what kids are allowed to play/talk about (ie, no pretend guns/shooting, . One kid keeps bringing up Lady Gaga, which is inappropriate for a pre-k kid to be singing/discussing (imho). So I told them so: "That's an inappropriate topic for discussion; we are not going to discuss Lady Gaga music videos anymore." The other day, I said something about "cleaning up the mess that you make," and one of the kids said, "Mrs. M., that's inappropriate. It's part of a Lady Gaga song!"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search