Not how I imagined ending the year

Forum: The Teacher's Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By *Angela*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Teacher's Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2012, 11:56 AM
*Angela*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last week I ended up going to the ER due to pain in my elbow/arm. They said I broke my elbow and put me in a splint. I cannot use my right arm. I went to the ortho and found out that it isn't actually broke. The bone chips in the x-ray are calcium that my body made not broke off from the bone. But it has caused my tendons to pop loose. Friday after the teachers are released on the teacher workday I will have a CT scan to determine where my tendons are attached. Then I will probably have surgery this summer. Ugh! It is so frustrating to not be able to use my arm. Makes getting end of the year reports done and packing up my room is very challenging. My meds have really brought down the inflamation and I have a little use of my arm/hand but it cannot handle any weight. But right now I am grateful that I am not in a full cast for the summer.
May 21st, 2012, 02:34 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
Oh my gosh!! That is awful! Did it justhappen or did you have some kind of an accident that caused it?

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
May 22nd, 2012, 04:14 PM
Pretty sure I did it way back in January. We think I did it carrying groceries. It has been sore but nothing bad at all. I wasn't even taking any pain mere for it. But that didn't cause my body to make the bone chips.

But I am feeling much better today. Almost full use of my arm is back. I hardly wear my sling. I still ice it every night and take anti inflamitory meds. Ct scan on Friday will show west the tendon is attached.
May 24th, 2012, 06:45 PM
I'm glad you're feeling better! I hope the scan shows good news. Keep us updated!

May 28th, 2012, 05:48 AM
I had the scan on Friday. I don't go back to the dr until June 5th. I am feeling much better. I have most of my movement and control back in my hand and arm. I still have to be very careful not to over do it.
LilSunshine likes this.
May 28th, 2012, 06:05 AM
That's great news, Angela!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search