Maternity Leave

Forum: The Teacher's Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Teacher's Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2013, 05:04 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
If you've taken a maternity leave before - how many weeks did you take off? If you haven't taken one, how long would you take?

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
March 5th, 2013, 10:56 AM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
Never done it before but I'm going to take the month of May off. I am due at the end of April. Right now I'm on bed rest until the 12th. Part of me hopes to go back to work until I have Isabelle, but the other part of me wants to stay on bed rest.

March 7th, 2013, 06:52 PM
*Angela*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My oldest son was born in Nov. I returned In Jan. I was out for 8 weeks after a c section.
My younger son was born in June so we were already out for summer. 8 weeks would have been on the first week of school. I wanted a little more time. I took 4 more weeks to make 12 weeks of fmla. I was able to do this because I was breastfeeding and my pediatrician wrote an order for extended time off to establish a good nursing relationship....love this Dr!
March 16th, 2013, 07:44 AM
I'm due in July, but I can take 12 weeks off at the beginning of the year. I think I'm going to "ask" if I can take off 15 to be gone through Christmas. I think it will be a better transition for the kids if I come back after that break than right before. I didn't feel like I had enough time when J was born.

March 20th, 2013, 03:35 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I have them all at times where I've never had to.

April 22nd, 2013, 11:10 AM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I took 12 weeks with my first two. 12 weeks this time would have put me going back for 3 weeks amd then summer so I'm just taking the rest of the year.

August 1st, 2013, 05:41 PM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
I would probably take the full 12 weeks. But there was another mom on here in a different thread that had talked about taking a certain amount of full weeks and then weaning back into the work flow with half day weeks. I love the idea.
But it would also be nice to have a baby when I wouldn't need to take a huge break, although that can't always be planned.
August 18th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSHaye View Post
I would probably take the full 12 weeks. But there was another mom on here in a different thread that had talked about taking a certain amount of full weeks and then weaning back into the work flow with half day weeks. I love the idea.
But it would also be nice to have a baby when I wouldn't need to take a huge break, although that can't always be planned.
I would love to go back part time, even if it's just for awhile! My school district frowns upon shared positions and part time stuff, so I know that's not an option for me.

I'm going to be taking off through December (but going back for the beginning of the year inservice days). I'm really happy that I can take that much time off!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search