Introduce yourself!

Forum: The Teacher's Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Teacher's Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2006, 07:30 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Since there are no threads yet, I suppose I'll start one...

Name: Chrystal

Parent/Teacher Status: I'm a former teacher. I taught middle/high school band, and am also certified to teach middle school science.

What you hope to get from this board: I'd like to talk with current teachers who just need to bounce some curriculum ideas off each other, and I'd also like to talk with parents who are struggling with their kid(s)' education for whatever reason and would like a teacher's perspective.
August 18th, 2006, 07:36 AM
3Xblessed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My name is Alissa and I teach h.s. biology, marine ecology and integrated science. I would love to give advice to anyone on any area of school. This board is a great idea!!!
August 18th, 2006, 07:49 AM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am Valerie and I taught high school Sports Medicine and Health for 5 years. I am limited in my area, but would love to offer suggestions or help as needed! I am just excited about this board and look forward to people coming by and asking questions!

August 18th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Name: Sara

Parent/Teacher Status: I have taught 5th and 7th grade (English) as well as speech and communication. I tutor English as Second Language. I am currently a stay at home mom looking to go back once kids are in preK.

What you hope to get from this board: answer any questions people have that I might have some experience in!

Side Note: I grew up in Panama and have lived in Argentina, Ecuador, and Brazil as well as Denmark and am now a citizen of the USA. So if there are any immigrants with questions about the schooling process in this area or questions about English as a second language, I will do my best to help!
August 18th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Logan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name : Shellie

Parent/teacher status : I taught 3rd and 5th grade and high school English. I am also a parent of a 5th grader, a kindergartner and have 3 kids who have gone through school. I've tutored all ages in all subjects.

What I hope to get here : An exchange of ideas, to help anyone who may have questions, to get my own questions answered.

Proud mom of: Joshua (25), Paul (25), Krista (23), Adam (11), Lauren (6), Anna Janelle.
August 18th, 2006, 11:08 AM
I'd rather be in Forks
What a great idea for a room! I'm not a teacher, but I just wanted to say I think it's great you guys are willing to give up your time to help us mommies who might have questions!

August 18th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name: Astrid

Parent/Teacher Status: I am currently a 5th grade math/science bilingual teacher. I have a Master's of Bilingual/ESL Education & am shooting to be an administrator next year. I have also taught 4th grade & am my campus' lead mentor for new teachers. I LOVE TO TEACH!!!!!! I have taught all subjects.

What I would like to receive from this board: I would like the opportunity to offer support to parents w/ children in any grade that may be struggling w/ academics or parent/teacher communication. I would also like to get ideas from other teachers.

August 18th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Super Mommy
Hello! Baylor won't need any help with school for a few more years, lol. But I am currently in college to become a high school teacher. I am majoring in english and will have geography as a back-up. I may have some questions for some of you for myself!

August 18th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Veteran
Name: Teena

Parent/Teacher Status: I am a parent to a little girl with Down Syndrome.

What you hope to get from this board: I am hoping to be able to get some good information on how I
can help with my daughter's education. And I hope I can get some good web sites & some good friends.
- Conrad Hilton

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

August 18th, 2006, 06:36 PM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name:Heather

Parent/Teacher Status: I am the parent of a 2nd grader and a preK kid. I am a Special Education teacher, certified in Varying Exceptionalities, hoping to be Nationally Board Certified in Severe Impairments (autism)

What you hope to get from this board: I want to get some ideas from parents about how to be a better teacher. I would love to get ideas from other teachers.
August 18th, 2006, 06:42 PM
glory_baby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My name is Leslee. I am currently a remedial reading teacher. I have previously taught both 3rd and 4th grade. I have a master's in ed. admin. I would love to meet more teacher mommies and be a help to any parents who might have questions that I can answer (or find someone who can answer). =) Looking forward to meeting everyone!

We love you Angel Baby...snuggled in His arms at 14weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search