Elliot had to have his tongue clipped :(

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2008, 07:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I took him to his ENT appointment this morning and the doctor thought it would be best to go ahead and snip his frenulum. It was terribly tramatizing for me He was sleeping peacefully in his Moby and then he had a doctors rubber gloves in his mouth feeling around. Then he stuck a numbing q-tip in his mouth and then he squeezed the frenulum with hemostats. Elliot was screaming mad by then and I had to hold him in my arms while holding down his hands. Then the doctor had to snip it and it was the hardest part because he couldn't catch it with him fighting so hard. Thankfully a nurse was in and talking to Addison to keep her occupied during it all. He was better once it was all over and he nursed right away. I've watched him actually stick his tongue out quite a few times already so I think it helped!
March 31st, 2008, 07:58 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
owww! just lurking.. that sounds so painful, I hope he heals fast!

March 31st, 2008, 10:37 AM
AKMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Christy that sounds aweful! Im glad it helped thoe, poor little sweetie.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
March 31st, 2008, 06:42 PM
~Devon~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Devon~
I know what you went through, a little bit. We had my son's done when he was about 2 weeks old. I noticed in the hospital that he was tongue tied and mentioned it to both pediatricians and the LC. Each one told me "we don't do anything about that anymore". We started having problems breastfeeding so I called an LC who came to my home. We talked about him being tongue tied, he was bad too, it went all the way to the tip of his tongue, he could barely stick his little tongue out. She gave me the number to an oral surgeon who clips them, the first time he did it was on his own child because his wife was having problems breastfeeding. I chose not to stay in the room while they did it. I know they numbed it then clipped it. There was actually a hole in his, so there were 2 parts, the front he clipped then he clipped the back a little bit too. They brought him out to me and he fed right away and was fine. Sorry to highjack your thread, I just wanted to let you know I went through the same thing. Feeding is so much easier on both of us now. And I cherish those times he sticks his tongue out at me know, it's so cute!
April 1st, 2008, 08:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Poor little guy, I am glad the procedure went well though. I hope it really helps!

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

April 1st, 2008, 01:18 PM
dzt66's Avatar Super Mommy
I know exactly how you felt. We had Blake circumcised at 5 weeks old. We took him to a pediatric urologist. They didn't let us stay in while it was happening, but when they brought him out they had a gauze pad in his mouth with sugar water that made him feel dopey. The doctor said he was a fighter. Poor guy. He was quietly sobbing, bright red face and eyes. I was so upset. It was horrible.

I am glad it all turned out for you.

Proud mommy to Kourtney Lauren (10/01/03), McKenna Grace (07/11/05), and Blake Matthew (10/21/07)

My Family Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search