Catnip tea?

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2008, 09:21 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sick unfortunately... this was about the time last year when I got strep throat too, so I'm trying my best to not get more sick. I know that most women cant take decongestants, what about catnip tea? There is one from that celestial seasonings (which is a recomended site because they list concentration on their pkgs) that has catnip and chamomile in it. I looked up catnip and it says not to drink while pregnant but nothing about nursing. It says it's good for lots of illnesses. I also read this page http://www.breastfeeding.com/reading_room/herbs.html off of kelly mom. Nothing on catnip. Any suggestions?

Has anyone taken otc decongestants and NOT had bad reaction?

March 31st, 2008, 10:12 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Decongestants wont so much hurt anythign but they could have a major effect on your supply. Some women report having no problems, but I do think its more likely to have an effect the littler your baby is - and at only 3 months I'm not sure I'd take the chance

I have no idea about catnip tea, but I would say there are some great ones - I think Throat Coat is one, and another is the Wellness tea - both helped me tremendously. Finally - fenugreek is a natural decongestant that works by thinning the mucouses & also has the added benefit of increasing supply Guaffinessin can also be used b/c it works similarly & can be bought over the counter. Mucinex is supposed to be ok, and I bought some stuff at walgreens called mucous release (?) that worked really well when I was really sick recently

Good luck!

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
March 31st, 2008, 12:00 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am probably going to order some tea from the site I listed. I have some chamomile green tea here for now and it made my headache go away last night at least. I will probably get some of the wellness ones and some of the regular sleepytime tea and relaxing tea. I was a little wary of the wellness teas because they say to contact a doc if nursing or pregnant, but if you have used them then I feel better about it. (All of the wellness ones have that warning on them). I am going to stay away from otc meds. I dont want to ruin a good thing. I also have a hippy friend () who I am going to call this evening because she said she has some catnip left that she picked. I did some more reasearch and I found all the same info about dosages and stuff I will try a cup or 2 of it. I spose as long as I dont eat the whole plant it wouldnt cause any damage lol.

I also found that people with high bloodpressure should not drink large ammounts of the tension tamer extra because it has Eleuthero in it and that has bad reactions with bloodpressure.

I did my home work

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search