Wanted to share!

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2008, 01:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
DH and I found out this weekend that we are expecting! I really didn't want to get my hopes up, I wasn't sure if it would happen the first month of TTC, but I'm an impatient person, so I admit that I'm glad it did.
DD is nowhere near being ready to wean, and I have no plans of trying to go in that direction. My mom tried to force the issue, that's what she did with all of us (her children) when she became pregnant again. She said it hurt so bad, she didn't want to continue. I did post this question when we started TTC earlier this month, in the Breastfeeding Past 1 Year forum, but I wanted to see if there was anyone who didn't visit over there, with some advice.
I am worried that it will start to hurt when she nurses. I've heard many woman report that. I can't see myself weaning because of that alone, I've dealt with the pain before, but I'll admit, I'm scared to go through pain again! I'm also nervous that she may wean herself because of the pregnancy and I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet. Is there anything I can do to encourage her to keep nursing or is that a decision I can't influence? I plan to flip through some info on nursing while pregnant this week, but I'd like to get some personal experiences too. Thank you ladies for any of your help!

Expecting baby #4!

March 31st, 2008, 01:48 PM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
No advice from me, just wanted to say Congrats! Hope you have a Happy and Healthy 9 months!
March 31st, 2008, 02:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MamaMelly
Oh congratulations!!!!! Sorry I don't know anything about what you're asking but I hope you can continue nursing. Maybe it won't be as bad as you think.
March 31st, 2008, 02:27 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
No advice or help but I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!
March 31st, 2008, 02:30 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I would say if youre not already involved in LLL nows a good time to start

I know several moms who have tandem nursed through their pgs. They seem to all have diff experiences ranging from one end to the other:
- one stated it really did bother her, the sensitivity was HUGE. She nursed through it, and it was only bad at the very beginning & then at the very end. She said she felt bad but a lot of time she wound up discouraging him from nursing b/c of her reaction & it always made her feel bad. She was tron about it -really wanting to nurse him more, but at the same time not wanting to make him feel bad b/c of her reaction
- another girl - her daughter did wean during her pg, and began tandem nursing immediately after the baby was born. She was a little turned off by the taste of colostrum, but once her milk came in (really quickly w/ two kids nursing!) she was at it full swing again.
- another friend - shes on her 3rd, she got pg with her second & 3rd 2 & 3 months PP, and both her oldest two weaned very early, and never picked it back up - she was really bothered by it, and has decided to try to avoid PG more this time so she can nurse longer with her 3rd

So - I think you can encourage it, but ultimately she may have her mind set on asserting her independence (or not).

And either way - if it is a temporary thing, I always encourage waiting it out - no sense in making permanent decisions over a temporary problem/issue And if its something thats gradual, then either way things usually work themselves out

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
March 31st, 2008, 07:06 PM
Girl_interrupted
I am currently tandeming. I did dry up during, but my daughter still didn't wean. I did have VERY sensitive nipples for about... maybe 2 months or so...for me, the most awesome part of tandeming has been NO ENGORGEMENT this time around. I love that!!

CONGRATS!!
March 31st, 2008, 08:13 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
wow congrats!!!! I don't have any knowledge or experience with this but I find it fascinating. I look forward to seeing how this goes for you.
April 1st, 2008, 07:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The LLL around here meets at 7pm, once a month, which is smack-dab in the middle of bedtime I've always wanted to attend a meeting, but it's just at a very bad time of the night. We'll be moving in July, and I'm hoping the LLL there meets at a better time, so we can go.
I guess we'll see how things turn out. It is nice to know that one of the children picked up nursing again after the baby was born, that's encouraging!

Expecting baby #4!

April 1st, 2008, 12:08 PM
dzt66's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats!!!! My cousin happily nursed through her pregnancy. I hope it works out for you.

Proud mommy to Kourtney Lauren (10/01/03), McKenna Grace (07/11/05), and Blake Matthew (10/21/07)

My Family Blog
April 1st, 2008, 01:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i nursed throw my whole prgnacy and my milk dryed up but ds waned to nurse aneyways and it did get painfull at time but i could ask him to nurse soft and that would help sometimes but if not i would cut the nurseing short and just cuddle it would break my heart at time to make him stop afterr a few min because hit got him so upset but now that the babys hear its all good agin and he did help with milk supply while ds was in the nicu so i dient hae to pump so much

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search