Eating a lot in the evenings?

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2008, 11:53 AM
tiffanie511's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So my 3 1/2 week old eats nurses regular during the days (every 2-3 hours). But as soon as my hubby gets home from work (around 5:30-6ish), she is CONSTANTLY eating (every 30 minutes or so). She does this until about 9-9:30 and then finally falls asleep for the night. I know she is at her 3 week growth spurt, but she has been doing this since my milk came in. Is there a reason for this? Has anyone else experienced this?

</div>
April 1st, 2008, 12:05 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, it is called cluster feeding. She is getting lots of hindmilk, to gear up for sleeping during the night. You have a smart baby, of course all babies are smart . My daughter also did this for a while, only a few weeks, and she doesn't do it anymore unless she is not feeling well or going through a growth spurt. I think some babies may stick to doing that for a while though I just got really lucky and only had to have 5 kids to get a good sleeper

April 1st, 2008, 12:12 PM
Thank you! That's good to know. I've read about cluster feeding, but never experienced it, so it was just weird to me. My first just ate forever during each feeding, so this is totally different for me. LOL

</div>
April 1st, 2008, 04:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My almost 2 weeker does that too and has done it from birth. I was worried too but he sleeps a nice long stretch, so i can't complain. My Sebastian eats at around the same times, gets up at around 5 or 6 and then eats until 9 or 10. Hope your little one sleeps for you real good after all that eating.
April 1st, 2008, 06:08 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
my LO eats often at night as well, and longer than she does during the day.

and welcome!

my LO eats often at night as well, and longer than she does during the day.

and welcome!
April 2nd, 2008, 08:40 AM
Quote:
My almost 2 weeker does that too and has done it from birth. I was worried too but he sleeps a nice long stretch, so i can't complain. My Sebastian eats at around the same times, gets up at around 5 or 6 and then eats until 9 or 10. Hope your little one sleeps for you real good after all that eating. [/b]
LOL, I just read your clutser feeding post. She sleeps EXACTLY the same as yours. From 9 or 10 til 4. Always waking up at 4. LOL

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search