Reverse cycling

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2008, 03:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Has anybody on here dealt with reverse cycling? My baby is going 8 hours during the day without taking the bottle of expressed breastmilk even though it is offered several times, but then she cluster feeds every 2-3 hours all evening and night. Is there a way to get this changed where she will take the bottle during the day better so I can get a little more sleep at night?

April 2nd, 2008, 06:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't have any experience with reverse cycling, but I can point you in the direction of some information on it: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/normal/reverse-cycling.html
Also check the bottom of the page for a few more links.

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

April 2nd, 2008, 06:45 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Def check out that link

THeres not much I can suggest, except to try different nipples, and even try syringe or finger feeding, maybe even cup feeding (from a small cup such as a medicine cup).

Otherwise - do you have a way to be able to go and nurse on your lunch break?

Things will get easier as time goes by. When baby gets hungry enough shell take a bottle, she wont starve herself thats for sure Seems these types of things usually just work themselves out on their own.

One other thing - my daughter was very finicky about the temperature of her milk & all kinds of stuff. If anything was even "slightly off" shed reject it all together. I dont know who is watching your little one - but I would check to see what temp theyre heating it up to, etc.

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search