Which nursing pads do you like?

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2008, 06:11 PM
marcella's Avatar Veteran
Has anyone found good nursing pads? I had bought some from Johnson and Johnson...they are good in that you cannot see that you have a pad on BUT I hate that for some reason...they made them so that it looks like your nipple is showing! Why they would add this little detail is beyond me...it makes me feel very self conscious.

I would love to know what others have found that they like ...and why...
April 1st, 2008, 06:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have both disposable and washable ones. Haven't really found any disposable ones I'm crazy about. But I love the Dr. Browns lace washable ones. You can't see them at all even with a white tshirt on.

April 1st, 2008, 06:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I used the Lansinoh ones and I liked those. I went and bought some others today the La Leche League brand and am anxious to try them however they do seem more bulkier, so i will let you know. The Lansinoh ones i really like because they have good coverage and they don't make you look like your nipple sticks out.
April 1st, 2008, 06:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
on the Lansinoh ones! I also love the reusable LilyPadz!
April 1st, 2008, 08:07 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I loved the Johnson & johnson ones (despite the nipple thing lol - i swear they were designed by a man)... but then I fell in love with wool nursing pads after some fellow LLL'ers turned me onto them. I buy them at cottonbabies.com

They dont show through, dont leak (i'm a heavy leaker), and dont have to be changed

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
April 1st, 2008, 08:18 PM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have used Lanisoh disposable, some off brand disposable (my favorite disposable), Aveda and Medela washables. I prefer Medela over Aveda for washables. The fabric is gentler on the nipples.. and my nipples stick to the aveda ones and it hurts.

My Blog
April 1st, 2008, 10:04 PM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
I also really like the Lansinoh ones. They are thin, but hold a lot and I haven't had any leaking issues with them.

April 2nd, 2008, 05:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I used Lansinoh disposables and really liked them, I never had any issues. I think the washables ones I used were Johnson & Johnson, but they weren't that great. I'd like to find a washable one that doesn't leak through as easily.

April 2nd, 2008, 05:50 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey ANdrea - try those wool ones!

I've tried a few washables, but none of them worked that great. Most showed through, few of them conformed to the shape of my breast unless they were cup shaped to begin with, and all of them leaked and slipped around in my bra.

NONE of those problems with the wool ones from cottonbabies NO leaking, cant see them, they dont slip, they wash the easiest of them all (and less frequently).

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
April 2nd, 2008, 07:19 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
nak

i love these washable ones, or lansinoh disposables. i HATE gerber, they do as good a job as TP.
April 2nd, 2008, 07:58 AM
~Devon~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Devon~
love love love the Lansinoh ones. They hold what you leak and don't make you feel wet. The only thing I don't like is that they are folded in half and sometimes I can see the crease through my shirt.
April 2nd, 2008, 08:13 AM
MLBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have gerber washable ones that I love. I haven't used NP in forever though. I just remember to press on the boob that isn't being used with my arm. No leaks yet!

http://www.MLBelasco.etsy.com
April 2nd, 2008, 09:04 AM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
I use the Lanisoh disposable pads... I love them because they're like a diaper, where you don't feel wet and they don't leak... They're the only pads I use now, I used washables with DS1 but was never able to keep up to washing them and switched over to the johnson & johnson but leaked through them with DS2.
April 2nd, 2008, 09:09 AM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use the Lansinoh ones exclusively. They have regular and ultrasoft ones. The ultrasoft ones were great at first when I had sore nipples but the regular ones are cheaper and work just fine for me now.

April 2nd, 2008, 10:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I have gerber washable ones that I love. I haven't used NP in forever though. I just remember to press on the boob that isn't being used with my arm. No leaks yet![/b]
I use to use the J&J dispoables and I thought that they were alright.. then I switched to the Lansinoh dispoables and i really liked those except that they are folded. BUT after MLBELLE gave me this advice a week or so ago, I havent worn nursing pads at all! It def works if you dont leak alot.

(nak)

Jessica-mommy to Joshua 9.22.2007
April 2nd, 2008, 03:17 PM
marcella's Avatar Veteran
Okay...looks like I will try the Lansinoh ones as I see them all the time at Walmart. I really did like the Johnsons disposable ones I just hate that nipple feature they added. I tried the Medela disposable ones...it was a sample package the hospital gave me when my son was in the hospital recently...but I couldn't believe how flimsy they were made. Maybe because they were samples...I dunno!

Thanks for everyones input.

April 2nd, 2008, 06:48 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
lala you always talk about those wool ones. i think im gonna order some for a birthday gift to myself... since i am 3 months pp and still leaking everywhere.
April 3rd, 2008, 07:28 AM
Tofu Bacon
If you are a heavy leaker, definitely don't cheap-out if you buy wool nursing pads. I bought some recycled wool NPs from a WAHM and they were awful; instead of absorbing it, my milk would leak around the pad all over my shirt and bra. I'm going to break down and get some good ones this time

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search