tough few days

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2008, 06:19 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Saturday I got my second plugged duct, but luckily I knew the signs this time and caught it quickly enough that I didn't experience the second day pain that I did the first time. But then the next day I got my first milk blister, and wow did that hurt!! I didn't even know what that was before I just happened to read about it on here a few days before. I actually ended up getting off lucky with that as well as it went away in about a day and a half.

all this happened right when my parents came for their first visit since DD was born.

oh well!
April 1st, 2008, 06:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry its been a tough few days and hope it just gets better from here on in. Those both sound painful, I've never had either that i know of but i don't think i would want them. Hope they don't happen again.

April 1st, 2008, 08:53 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ouch!! plugged ducts suck, but i never even heard of a milk blister!

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
April 2nd, 2008, 05:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ouch! I get milk blister ever few months and they hurt like heck! I usually steralize a needle and poke a hole in it, to let the liquid out and it will heal much faster.

Expecting baby #4!

April 2nd, 2008, 08:19 AM
Snowpeas
Ouch
April 2nd, 2008, 09:45 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Milk blisters apparently can come following a plugged duct, I am not sure if that is the only way they come about or not. I had read not to poke it, even though you will want to, but to soak your nipple in warm water a few times a day. I also aired it out and didn't wear a bra but just a soft top to bed.

The funny thing is my parents came for their first visit since the baby was born right as this happened. My mom didn't BF me or my brother, and my stepdad has had 0 experience with babies. I was worried they were going to be weird about the BFing in general, they were here for 4 days and of course I had to nurse with them around a lot. I thought having a clogged duct and blister would add to any negative impressions they may have mad about breastfeeding. It didn't though, I think they left here pretty impressed and much more educated. We even watched the business of being born while they were here and they loved it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search