We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
A little background..... About a year and a half ago I came down with serious vertigo and hearing loss. I had an MRI and hearing test done, the MRI showed nothing but the hearing test showed some weird hearing loss. So ever since the vertigo attack my ears would plug up and I could hardly hear and I was constantly dizzy and have just felt off. With the recent slurring attack and almost blacking out they decided we needed to do another MRI to recheck for the acoustic nurmom or MS.
So I have MRI recheck scheduled for the 11th of April to scan my brain again. So they want to do the contrast dye to check for an acoustic nuroma but the problem is I cant breast feed for 2 days after wards and Im worried about pumping and losing my supply. I know from trying with my other 2 kids that my supply goes way down when pupming alone.
So I have decided Im going to do the MRI and wave the contrast, knowing I will have to go back and have the contrast done as this is the only way to see an acoustic nuroma. What do you think?
I don't know a thing about it myself, but I looked at kellymom and this is what they have to say about it.
I hope you are ok. My mom is going through some very similar things right now, they suspected MS but that has been ruled out. She may have a tumor in her ear. She's been passing out and all kinds of weird things for over a year now. Best of luck!
I would get in contact with a lactation consultant and discuss your options with her. The link posted indicates you can safely breastfeed, even if you have the contrast dye done. It would be worth getting a second opinion about, and a lacation consultant will have more information for you on it.
Andrea, mom to Abigail (8) Annabelle (5) and Alexis (2)