Ugh, I don't know what to do

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2008, 01:59 PM
~Lindsay~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My poor sweet baby is very irritated today....and well, yesterday. She has gas, I can tell. I feel like crap, I know its from me but how am I supposed to know what it is that I have eaten that is causing this? I gave her mylacon, and that doesn't seem to help. At least I don't think it is, she is crying and fussing and occasionally passes gas and then she is fine for a bit. It makes me not want to breast feed because she is in so much pain. Ugh.

Any advice? What are common irritating foods?

April 6th, 2008, 02:36 PM
jentanne
Well, it is hard to know what caused it, but giving up BFing won't help either. With formula they swallow so much air they can still have gas problems. My first daughter developed colic when I stopped BFing after 4 weeks. So, you just never know. I make sure I don't eat anything spicy. I love spicy food, but I don't want to do anything to cause her to be fussy. I also stay away from caffiene and just anything I think might cause a problem. Some things that might help are rubbing her tummy a little or placing her on you tummy to tummy. Sorry she is having a hard time!!! Good luck!!!
April 6th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It might not be gas all that much. She is 3 weeks old correct? (I assume because I looked at your ticker ) Anywho maybe she is just growth spurt fussy and is passing more gas because she is eating more, and or working up a nice poo I would wait a weekish to start weeding out foods just to see if this is only a growth spurt. I think if you start weeding stuff out now, and it IS a growth spurt, and nothing helps you'll just feel even more disapointed and frustrated. I know a week seems like a lot, but it may only take 2 or 3 days and you wont have wasted time and energy on thinking it was your fault.

April 6th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I found that cow's milk that I was drinking would do it. I now stay away from it and he seems fine. I also agree with maybe its a growth spurt. Goodluck.

Jess
April 6th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Beaker's Avatar My boys are adorable
I cut out a lot b/c of colic. Greens that are known to cause gas, and dairy is a common culprit (the proteins in cow's milk are hard to digest for baby). Make adjustments to your diet and then slowly introduce foods to see what bothers baby. I had everything but garlic and onions back in by 8 weeks. GL

Earn giftcards and more with Swagbucks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search