2 (more) questions

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2008, 08:46 AM
jentanne
1. What effect does mom being dehydrated have on baby?

( I wasn't drinking a lot and noticed baby's BM was really dry, but she still had really wet diapers so she wasnot dehydrated... then I started drinking more yesterday and she had this crazy explosive BM that was finally wet like it should be... wondering if there is a correlation.)

2. Can you use neosporin or something similar on cracked nipples?

( I read on Kelly Mom that you can use this but it didn't give much info, like if it could harm baby or if you have to wash it off first. I would only be using a very tiny amount)
April 7th, 2008, 09:37 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dehydration could affect your supply, and the more hydrated you are I think the more readily your body can produce milk. Your baby getting more milk could have had the effect you describe (or it could be sheer coincidence). Either way, its a good idea to stay hydrated

As for neosporin - I've read the same thing you describe. Breastmilk is another good way to heal them. Of course, hopefully this is after the latch is corrected so you dont have recurring problems

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
April 7th, 2008, 10:23 AM
jentanne
Yeah, I got the latch all fixed and I am now nursing her in this crazy modified foot ball hold position as to keep her gums off the crack, but sometimes she does her own thing and reopens it again. I am doing the salt water rinse, and lanolin and it actually feels much better, I just wish I could get the stupid thing to heal so I could nurse her "normally" again.
April 7th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I used neosporin when DD was younger, but I honestly can't remember if it helped. Breastmilk worked the best to help heal and keep infection away though. If you do try the neosporin, just wash it off prior to nursing, to be sure she doesn't ingest any of it.

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search