Breastfeeding and Baby Not Pooping

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Regular
Hi everyone,
I have a question about breastfeeding and bowel movements. My 3.5 month old daughter is strictly breastfed and recently she has started going one or two days without a bowel movement. Is this normal? She is otherwise the same...she pees the same as before and she's healthy and energetic and just an all around happy baby. Is it normal for breastfed babies to go a few days without pooping or am I dealing with constipation?
April 7th, 2008, 05:21 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Its normal EBF babies can go up to 10 days with no concerns They just have far less waste.

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
April 7th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Regular
Quote:
Its normal EBF babies can go up to 10 days with no concerns They just have far less waste.

Lala...[/b]
Thanks Lala! I was starting to get a little concerned that she hasn't pooped in two days, even though she seems completely unphased by not pooping
April 7th, 2008, 05:40 PM
2bluesandapink's Avatar Addicted to Gymbo!
Send a message via AIM to 2bluesandapink
I worried with my first child too...but just like Lala said, it's normal!

Want to earn some extra funds for yourself? Try joining Swagbucks. I was totally skeptical about "free money" but I finally joined and I'm glad I did!! PM me for me info or click here to join! No strings attached!
April 7th, 2008, 06:47 PM
nahjah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know it's normal but after 3 days, my daughter gets miserable and seems to have stomach pains. Is this normal too?
April 8th, 2008, 05:09 AM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My baby goes 5-7 days with out a BM. she seems fine.. and when she does go, it is soft and normal. The stomach pains are not normal! They should not be miserable between poops. Call the pedi on that! I hope she feels better!

My Blog
April 8th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The stomach pains could be some gas since she hasn't been going. DD was around 3-4 months when she went well over a week without pooping. Boy did that scare me! She had the worst gas too, during that time. She finally got back on a more regular pooping schedule after that, but some days she would go 3 times a day and other times she would poop every other day.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search