How often should she be eating?

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2008, 06:53 PM
nahjah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My daughter is 3.5 mo. We have already gone through the 3 month growth spurt. During the day, she wants to nurse every 2 hours, sometimes will stretch it out to 2.5 hours. For the past week, she feels the need to nurse every hour at night. Shouldn't she be able to go a bit longer both during the day and at night by now? Another growth spurt?
April 8th, 2008, 04:55 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Another growth spurt is certainly a possibility. It could be any number of thnigs though: teething, fighting off a cold, growth spurt, you name it.

I always just tell myself to nurse through it. There arent many "should be"'s in Nursing or in babies in general. Mine was still nursing abuot that often at that age. It eased up somewhere after 3 months, but it was still touch & go until about 6 months... when she got more active (sitting up, crawling, etc) she would space out her feedings, but her growth spurts were also tougher. It seems they nurse through the beginning of every developmental milestone at that age lol.

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
April 8th, 2008, 06:29 AM
nahjah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Lala! I opened a daycare about a month ago my son got his first ever cold and then I got it so she could be trying to not get it! I didn't realize they could nurse to fight off a cold but it makes sense.
April 8th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've always found that DD's nursing habits were odd. She would nurse a lot, then stretch it back out, then pick it up again. She definitely could be trying to fight off an illness, and her instincts are telling her to nurse more to do that.

Expecting baby #4!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search