In need of advice

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2008, 03:58 PM
breea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
a little history my daughter was born weighing 4 4 and couldn't nurse so I pumped. Ok since breeanna is the weight of a normal baby i have to start nursing her istead of pumping. I don't know how to keep her doing it. She latches on but doesn't do long sucks just short ones and i don't think she has the patience to weight. I know she is letting me down cause when she comes off i got milk dripping. Any advice would be appreciated

April 8th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Have you been working with a lactation consultant? How long did you pump for her and did she take the pumped milk from a bottle?

April 8th, 2008, 04:53 PM
breea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LC no, I pumped for 2 months and yes she got it from the bottle

April 8th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
2 months is a long time for her to get a bottle, so it will be harder for her to get used to breastfeeding, instead of taking it from a bottle. With a bottle, a baby doesn't have to work to get the milk out, so they don't realize they have to work at it, at the breast.
Start with getting in contact with a lactation consultant, as soon as you can. It's great that she is latching on, and it sounds like you may actually be able to transition very smoothly. In the meantime, try the 3 day nursing sabbatical (see the sticky at the top of the forum). This may be enough to encourage her to suck for longer and hopefully be back to EBF in no time.

April 9th, 2008, 07:09 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto!

A LC will be a huge help & so will LLL - Its going to take some effort, and some babies transition easier than others. But it is certainly NOT too late, and youll be more likely to BF through the first year of life by working with a LC now and getting her latching & nursing directly from you The good news is, you likely wont need to worry about supplementing and increasing your supply

Keep us posted & let us know when youre able to find a LC! I'm sure the advice you receive from the LC will be able to help a lot of moms here as well

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search