He is fighting my boobs!!

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Meegan
I don't know what's going on but Gabriel is fighting my boobs lately. He will latch on and suck for a few seconds, then start pushing me with his fists, kicking his feet, grunting at my boob, unlatching, screaming, and any other mad thing he can do. He does it with a mouthful of milk, so he ends up choking and swallowing air, which in turn makes him throw up all the milk. It's so frustrating for both of us, me because I don't know what's wrong, him because he's obviously unhappy about something. He is a reflux baby, but I've never seen him do this before. Any ideas what could be going on?

Also another dumb question. The other day I pumped and the milk had a yellowish tint, then the next day it was a bluish tint, and today it's creamy white. What causes this?
April 11th, 2008, 08:42 AM
MLBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He might not be hungry. My daughter got like that for awhile and since she didn't want any boob then I didn't force it on her. I just waited until she got hungry. She would also force the boob away if she was getting cranky and tired.

I think milk normally changes from day to day.

http://www.MLBelasco.etsy.com
April 11th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Beaker's Avatar My boys are adorable
It sounds like a forceful let-down to me. I had to spray into a burp rag during let-down and then put baby back on. He got the hang of it by 3.5 months. I cannot answer the second question, but I wouldn't worry.

Earn giftcards and more with Swagbucks!

April 11th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Meegan
I think forceful letdown is the answer too, after reading up on kellymom. All of the "symptoms" of forceful letdown, he exhibits. So we tried different holds, and one seems to make him happier. He actually didn't even throw up after he ate this morning with this new hold! I am definitely producing too much milk though, I'm engorged all the time whether he eats or not. How can I make my milk decrease without messing it up altogether?
April 11th, 2008, 01:49 PM
~Devon~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Devon~
I think it's common to be engorged in the beginning, your body will even out your supply eventually. If you are having pain from engorgement, express enough milk to take the pain away. Also you might want to massage your breast while you are feeding so you don't get a clogged duct. Best of luck!
April 11th, 2008, 05:12 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Have you tried block feeding? I had that same problem and block feeding for a few weeks did the trick. Just offer one breast for each 2 hour block. If you feed him at 9 on the right side, and he wants to eat again at 10, offer the right breast. It will help your supply regulate and will make sure your baby gets the hood hindmilk!
I also agree that it could be that he just isnt hungry and wants to suck, and is getting mad that milk is coming out. Again, something my son does. I have figured out that sometimes when he's like that, if I offer him a binkie he will stop fussing immediately and fall asleep.
April 12th, 2008, 09:17 AM
oholydonut
Quote:
Have you tried block feeding? I had that same problem and block feeding for a few weeks did the trick. Just offer one breast for each 2 hour block. If you feed him at 9 on the right side, and he wants to eat again at 10, offer the right breast. It will help your supply regulate and will make sure your baby gets the hood hindmilk![/b]
i agree, this works really well in easing engorgement while still maintaining your supply. i have been doing it for the past 4 days and there is a huge difference.
my baby also was kicking and fighting my breasts from the letdown, but i am pretty sure mine is also gas related. and supposedly getting more hindmilk also helps with the gas.
good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search