Not Breast Feeding question actual breast question!

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have noticed my breast changing of course because I am 21 weeks pregnant but I don't pay too much attention to the changes besides they are larger and growing. I am leaking more from my right side than my left like I could sqeeze a small amount from my right but cannot from my left if I tried.

My left breast just feels different than my right for example my right is more pliable lol what a word to use I know but it's softer squishy and my areola skin is thin and flexable. However on my left the areola is thick. The bumps on the areola are almost indented like. and my nipple itself it normal it just looks as if the center on my actual nipple not areola is like sinking inward. For woman who have breast fed for example if you were manually expressing milk using your hand I can do that on my right side, my breast on that side is flexable nipple easy to grasp and pull forward and it doesnt hurt. But if I tried to do it on the left I can't. when I bring my grasped hand forward as if I were to express it hurts, it feels thick, like my actual areola skin and as if the inside of my breast and my nipple doesn't want to extend outwards..... I hope that makes since!

I heard that some of those concerns could be risks for breast cancer however being 5 months along is it normal for my breast just to be growing and adapting? My actually breast isn't dimpling just the bumps on my areola look like they are indenting......

I hope someone can tell me what the heck is going on and if I should have this looked at further............

April 12th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
anyone?

April 13th, 2008, 08:55 AM
jentanne
The fact that nothing is coming out at this point is not a concern. You may not be able to manually express from that side ever. I am producing milk now and I can't get a drop to come out with my hands (trying to let breast milk dry on my nipples to help with cracks but I couldn't) So that in itself does not mean anything is wrong.

As for how it feels different, I really think that could be normal, but you may want to mention it to your doctor at your next check up.

Also, be careful trying to get anything to come out in your third trimester. Nipple stimulation releases oxytocin which can bring on labor.
April 13th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
PERSONALLY I wouldnt worry during pregnancy, I would afterwards. I leaked only on the right side in Sept (born in Feb) and was never able to get anything out of the left. My boobs work fine Never hurts to say your concerns to your doctor.

Ditto the nipple stimulation.

April 14th, 2008, 09:14 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The other girls have summed it up perfectly There is no perfect breast in the real world & theres a lot of stuff within the range of normal & noen of it is an indication of success or failure. Your dedication & commitment will mean more Your boobs are there for the SOLE purpose of BFing & only about 1% of women are physically unable to breastfeed (despite what our culture says).

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search