Sick again! Why is he so unhealthy!

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Mommy2Noah&Jack's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jack is sick with a cold again! He sounds all mucousy and phlegmy and is coughing and stuffy. I think this is his third or fourth cold since he has been born!!! Its frustrating me so much! I feel like he is ALWAYS sick! I thought breastfed babies were supposed to be healthier, not get sick as much, ect. My first didnt get a cold til he was 18 months old and has only had the one bad one and maybe one other that was just a bit of runny nose for 2 days. He was formula fed, except for one bottle of pumped bm for 2 months. I am so frustrated. No wonder Jack is always miserable... he is always sick! What is wrong with my milk!?! Maybe I should switch to formula

April 15th, 2008, 07:30 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
NO no no, do NOT switch to formula! lol.

Its not your milk, its nothing wrong with you. Some babies are naturally healthier, sick more often, etc. Just like adults. However, breastmilk and the antibodies in it do prevent you from getting sick more often, and help you to recover from it sooner, without getting AS sick. So - its highly likely that your baby would be getting more sick, more often, and it lingering on for longer if he werent BF!

Since you do have a little one that is sick a little more often, then its ALL THE MORE REASON to BF, and make sure he gets the best chance possible!

(((hugs))))

You never know when/who is going to get sick & how much - but you can do all you can by breastfeeding.

YOu may also want to be sure he gets some probiotics to avoid thrush if hes being treated with antibiotics or even if not it will help with immune support. Also - something like colloidal silver or increased Vit C in your diet may help

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
April 15th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
All of the research shows that breastmilk has something formula doesn't: antibodies. It doesn't mean every breastfed child will be 100% healthy. Like lala said, each child is different. Some get sick very often, some just naturally have strong immune systems though. Also look at both child's situations. The more he's around other children, the more opportunity for him to pick up germs. It's likely Noah become immune to many things and when he's exposed, he's then passing them to Jack, and causing him to get sick, when he doesn't himself.

April 15th, 2008, 02:32 PM
2bluesandapink's Avatar Addicted to Gymbo!
Send a message via AIM to 2bluesandapink
My son Camden was sick from the day he was born. But Teagen has been healthy since day one. I am pro-breastfeeding but feel that it depends on the child whether they are sick or healthy.

Want to earn some extra funds for yourself? Try joining Swagbucks. I was totally skeptical about "free money" but I finally joined and I'm glad I did!! PM me for me info or click here to join! No strings attached!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search