Thrush :( some questions

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Meegan
Gabe and I have thrush, moreso me than him thank goodness. We are both on Nystatin (him the drops, me the cream) and I am on diflucan orally for 2 weeks. Will any of this affect my milk? It does hurt when I feed him, but I just cringe and get over it so he can eat and not mess up my supply. Actually I have too much milk lately so maybe it will help even it out lol. And I'm taking acidopholus to help even out the bacterias in my body. Do you guys have any other tips or recommendations for thrush? Am I doing all I can to help it go away?
April 15th, 2008, 04:06 PM
oholydonut
i was just diagnosed with thrush too, but my midwife prescribed some sort of compound ointment for me, made up of 3 different medicines that they had to mix up special. luckily, my baby isn't showing any symptoms, but my ped. put her on nystatin too just in case. i am also taking acidophillus. i think the only other thing i am doing that you might try is to try to cut out most sugar and carbs from your diet for a bit, because apparently thats what the yeast thrives on. it's kind of hard, though, to say the least.

hang in there, and i know what you mean about the feedings... OW!!!
April 15th, 2008, 09:13 PM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
try to cut all sugar out of your diet for at least a week and then limit it after that. acidophillus is great also but you have to be careful to get the good stuff. I would suggest getting it from a health food store and it should be refrigerated both in the store and at home. Garlic pills can help also. I had thrush through my enitre 2 years of breastfeeding Kalein at points we had it under control but it was never gone. we tried a lot of things I even bought The complete Book of Candida and some candida cooking books but the diet was way to strict fro me. I hope you get rid of it.
April 16th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Another quick and easy treatment is gentian violet. You can usually get it from your local pharmecy, but you might want to call around first and see who carries it. For me, it worked in just a day or two, and the pain was gone. You only have to continue treatment for 3-4 days as long as the symptoms have subsided. It beats several weeks of treatment with very little results!

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

April 16th, 2008, 01:04 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto the others.

Also check out these links:
http://www.kellymom.com/newman/06gentian_violet.html
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/thrush/index.html
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/thrush...-resources.html

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
April 16th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
*thread jack*

Quick question, so GV is only used once a day?? I have the Nystatin drops, will use GV if it doesnt work.

April 17th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Meegan
Thanks ladies. I'm thinking of getting GV, the drops and all the cream is such a hassle. But will the GV get rid of it in my body (the pains inside my breasts) or is that only from taking the pills.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search