uneven supply!

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have been breastfeeding for 2 months. I go back to work in a month and so I pump to store milk. Last night it had been 5 hours and I got 5 oz. from my right breast, and only 3 from my left. My left never feels full and I am worried that it is slowly making less and less. Any tips?

Do these amounts seem like I should be worrying? or taking steps to increase supply? I have been noticing that others seems to pump a lot more.

thanks!!
April 17th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Spacey Stacy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
mine are the same way, I can get 4oz from my left breast and only 2oz or so from my right breast.....

April 17th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No need to worry, sometimes one breast does produce more or just responds better to a pump. They will even out with time.

April 17th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Roni's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Roni
When i pump, i notice i get less from the breast that my lil one last ate off of. So, it alternates for me, but i usually get less from one over the other.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search