Sidelying and feeding and baby sleeping

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you think it is okay to take baby into bed with me to feed in the middle of the night? I find he sleeps better but am afraid that i will cause issues later on. I never did this with my other kids but with Sebastian seems so much easier with him going through such a long growth spurt, mom doesn't get a lot of rest so every little bit at night helps. What are your thoughts?
April 17th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I lay in bed with DD to nurse all the time. She starts out in the crib but if she wakes up I bring her to bed with me latch her on go back to sleep. It's really the only way I get a decent night sleep. I know she comfort nurses more than she is hungry but right now it works for us. If it works for you I say do it.
April 17th, 2008, 09:20 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Cadie has been with us in bed since she was born. We had a little thing we put right in bed with us fir the first mont, then got an arm's reach co-sleeper that goes right up against my side of the bed. I often fall asleep nursing her, I just make sure there aren't any stray pillows or blankets that could cover her up, and if she is between DH and I I make sure there is a lot of space so he doesn't roll over on her. You won't roll on baby, but men just don't have that same thing mommies do about knowing baby is in bed. I get a lot of sleep as a new mom this way. Most times when she wakes up to eat my feet don't even hit the floor, unless I have to go potty. If it's still dark out I'll put her back in her co-sleeper once she is done eating, if it's light out I keep her in bed with me so we can snuggle. It works great for us.

There are a lot of people that find co-sleeping leads to fewer problems later on when it comes to bedtime, and in many other areas. Dr. Sears is a big promoter of co-sleeping. You can read a little of what he has to say about it here.
April 17th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Meegan
We do the sidelying co-sleeping, but at the end of our sleeping session lol. He starts out in his co-sleeper bassinet and when he wakes to eat I sit up and feed him if it's dark out still. When the sun comes up and he wakes to eat, I put him in bed with me and we lay together and he eats. Well, he snacks off and on for a few hours in between sleep. I get a few extra hours sleep this way. I won't be doing this past 3 months, I don't want it to be a habit once he's capable of sleeping through the night. If he's ready, I'll be moving him into his crib and nursing him in there in the rocker.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search