7 MO- Not interested in nursing?

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2008, 06:24 AM
The older my baby gets, the less interested in nursing she gets. It's very sad to me! Because of it, I feel like my milk supply is going down. She has always been exclusively nursed. She's probably had 10 bottles her whole life (the last time was almost 2 months ago). But now when she eats, all she wants to do is sip and then look around. I've noticed that my left breast NEVER feels full anymore and my right one only does occasionally. She's still having enough wet/poopy diapers and she's on baby food now. I'm just trying to figure out if she is trying to wean herself. In the middle of the night (or any time that she is really sleepy) she LOVES to nurse. It's just during the day when there is a lot of activity. I have to go back to work full time on July 28th and I would have to wean her off the two middle of the day feedings then but I was hoping to still nurse her in the mornings and at night until September when she turns 1. Will my body adjust to her just nursing at those times and continue to make milk then or will I completely dry up? Is there anything I can do to try to make her pay attention to nursing during the day and do I need to worry about my breasts never really feeling full anymore?
April 21st, 2008, 08:31 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, what youre describing is totally normal & NOT an indication of trying to wean. S hes busy, shes eating solids, its normal Its also normal for you not to feel as full now & not an indication fo your supply dropping

I would recommend offering her the breast BEFORE offering solids though. She should still get most of her nourishment from breastmilk until a year of age.

As for returning to work, try to pump at least a couple times a day & that should maintain your supply. Even if its JUST on your lunch break. YOu should be fine maintaining your supply that way esp as long as yourenursing on demand at night & on weekends.

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search