not taking bottle

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2008, 12:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i have almost no milk but have been pumping what little i get to give to my baby who up until recently was unable to nurse. well now she is nursing (yay), but mostly for comfort, she rarely swallows. now thestruggle is that she won't take the bottle, only the breast, but there is no milk in the boob for her! she needs to take the bottle because most of her nutrition comes from formula. i am afraid that her sucking at the breast is tiring her out so she has less stamina to suck the bottle.

i am on domperidone, mothers milk tea, fenugreek, goats rue, and marshmallow to crank up my supply, in addition to letting her nurse at each feeding. but now i'm afraid to do that!

help!

</div>
April 21st, 2008, 01:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry that you are dealing with this Ingrid. I don't have much advice for you but wanted to say goodluck to you. I can tell you if i were in your situation myself...I would do the 3 day nursing sabbatical. But i would also try to get her to take a bottle of formula whenever she will take one for the nutrition until she is actually swallowing bm. I wish you the best.

Jess
April 22nd, 2008, 09:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i think she is having trouble transitioning between the bottle and breast. yesterday i nursed her between feedings, so she didn't have to do one right before the other. she seemed to do better, and is enjoying nursing, though mostly for comfort. i'd rather her use me that way than a pacifier!

we are definitely doing LOTS of naked time! it is hard with all the visitors and doctors appointments, but i'm sure every bit helps!

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search