having trouble telling

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Spacey Stacy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hayden is at that age where he is getting distracted by noise while nursing and pulls off a lot to look at me and look around. I used to tell he was finished because he would pull off and now since he pulls off so much its hard for me and I don't want to deprive him by thinking he is finished to early....

TIA

~Stacy~

April 24th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh, I remember that stage well, luckily, it doesn't last long, but they continue to get distracted. Keep offering it to him until he seems completely uninterested. Also, have you tried a chunky necklace to attract his attention. Many times that can be the cure for a distractable baby.

Expecting baby #4!

April 24th, 2008, 06:32 PM
2bluesandapink's Avatar Addicted to Gymbo!
Send a message via AIM to 2bluesandapink
Usually I can tell when she pulls off and I put her back on, if she pulls off again and again, I know she is done...but if she keeps going, then she wasn't done.

Well that probably didn't help at all huh?? LOL

Want to earn some extra funds for yourself? Try joining Swagbucks. I was totally skeptical about "free money" but I finally joined and I'm glad I did!! PM me for me info or click here to join! No strings attached!
April 25th, 2008, 09:27 AM
$pryNinja's Avatar Zef Fre$ Mom
Send a message via MSN to $pryNinja
Makenna will take my breast anytime I offer it to her, but if shes not hungry she'll just lay there with it in her mouth! Or another way I tell is when I put her down or sit her beside me she doesn't fuss to be fed again and seems happy She has this call she does when she's hungry, kind of a coo and a complaint at the same time, lol.

There is no greater power in the universe than the need for
freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot
stand.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search