Diarrhea

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2008, 09:11 AM
$pryNinja's Avatar Zef Fre$ Mom
Send a message via MSN to $pryNinja
does anyone know what usually cause this is breast fed babies? Makenna had what looked like a very watery movement lastnight and I've been stumped as to what it was I ate that could have caused it. I know milk makes her extra gassy if I drink lots of it, so I restrict myself to one bowl of cereal a day. The only other thing I can think of that I had was tacos, but that was Sunday and that seems too long ago to be it. OR could it be bananas? I've been on a banana kick but only 1 a day... I'm waiting it out to see what her next movement looks like before I start to freak out

There is no greater power in the universe than the need for
freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot
stand.

April 25th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't worry, very watery poo is common in breastfed babies. If it is diarrhea, then it's likely caused by a bug, not by something you ate. As long as she seems happy and isn't having any pain when she poops, it's likely not anything to worry about.

Expecting baby #4!

April 25th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Corali's been having very watery poops lately, goes all the way up her back and stains her clothes almost once a day. I blame that Nystatin I was using because she has no pain, and its only once or twice a day.

April 25th, 2008, 08:49 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Its pretty normal in BF babies to have the watery poop & the blowout poop usually starts in those first 4 months too - totally normal

Diarrhea is very uncommon in EBF babies, and its usually signified by mucousy globs rather than by just watery poop.

Is it normal color?

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
April 25th, 2008, 09:53 PM
$pryNinja's Avatar Zef Fre$ Mom
Send a message via MSN to $pryNinja
Her next poop was ok. I think what may have happened is that she pooed a bit and then had a great big pee so it looked worse that it probably was. (it was normal colour Lala) She was happy all day Finally just got her to sleep though... long night...

There is no greater power in the universe than the need for
freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot
stand.

April 26th, 2008, 02:26 PM
jentanne
I was just reading on Kellymom that it is not even considered diarrhea until they have 12 to 16 watery bm's. Anna had two in a row but I don't think it is diarrhea now based on what I read.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search