Vitamin question..

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Super Mommy
I'm making a trip to gnc tomorrow to pick up some new vitamins. I ran out of my pre-natals last week and just have the chance to get there. Is it imortant to take a pre-natal while bf or would a womans multi-vitamin be ok? Pre-natals tend to make me queasy for an hour after i take them, and i want to switch. BUT if it's important to have a pre-natal as opposed to a regular multi-vitamin i will do it.

I tried to look on Kellymom but the only thing i could find is that with a good diet it's not necessary... and I dont have a diet that is too bad... but I want the re-assurance that I am taking something... so which should I get??

Also... not that it is an issue right now I want to pick up what I might need should supply issues arise. I live pretty far from the gnc, as well as anyother stores where I could get something. So aside from fenugreek what could I keep in the house in case?
April 25th, 2008, 10:08 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well if you can find a good whole food supplement/vitamin multi vitamin (rather than synthetic) that would probably make you less queasy. Im not sure if GNC would carry it, I am certain that a health food store would though.

A prenatal isnt necessarily your only option - I do whole food supplements, just the general multivitamin stuff, but they have prenatals & theyll be a little more nutrient rich, so I would aim for those if you can get them.

As for supply, fenugreek & maybe blessed thistle. Many moms find oat meal works wonders as well, and of course any kind of mothers milk tea

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
April 26th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks for the suggestions. I managed to find an organic pre-natal at The Viatmin Shoppe. I'm going to give that a try. Also picked up the fenugreek, blessed thistle, and mothers mil tea just incase.
April 26th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
Sounds like you're stocked up! I just got some more mother's milk tea.. I love it. I wish it was cheaper because I'd drink it all day LOL!

95% of kids aren't in their car seats safely.
Click here to see how your child should look!

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

Are you installing your car seats correctly?
to watch my installation videos,
click HERE!

April 26th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Sounds like you're stocked up! I just got some more mother's milk tea.. I love it. I wish it was cheaper because I'd drink it all day LOL![/b]
lol... I love tea so i picked up 2 boxes of it... but yikes is it on the expensive side. Havent had any yet, but maybe once i get the kids settled ill have one and sit down to relax....HAH.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search