A question about AF, BF and relaxing

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
After reading FirstTimermommy's post about AF and BF and bleeding 6 weeks pp, i too have this same issue, the posts were helpful and made me realize that maybe it isn't AF coming and that i am doing too much.
I have been bleeding off and on for the past 5 weeks since birth but it never stays. It comes usually in the afternoon and then i put a pad on (sorry tmi) thinking its going to be full blown the next day only to find that it has stopped. I had a couple days where i didn't have any bleeding at all, then all of a sudden one day it comes back but is gone by the next morning and this continues for days. So I am wondering if i am doing too much to cause this, but how do you know if you are doing too much and what is considered too much? And my last question is how the heck do you relax with 3 kids running around? Any tips on how to relax with a dh that is working most of the time, no family here, 2 kids that are 5 and 3 and a baby that is 5 weeks? I was just curious if anyone has a tip for me at all. Being a mom of 4, i find it really hard to just relax and I'm not sure that I even know what the word really means.
April 26th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They say that taking it easy lets you heal better, BUT in your case you're not going to NOT heal unless you start lifting cars or running marathons or something I have 5 kids, and I've noticed that each one I have had not only did I bleed more, but it was for the entire 6 weeks pretty much, sometimes longer. This is the 1st baby I have breastfed, and I bled for about 5 weeks still. It's pretty normal. Just do as little as you life will allow .

April 26th, 2008, 10:53 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The bleeding youre describing is definitely from doing too much

Its difficult, but really - being up on your feet most of the day, cleaning the house, doing laundry, doing the things you were doing BEFORE, is all doing too much. Lifting anything heavier than the baby also counts.

People dont realize it - but so many PP problems come from simply DOING too much.

Now, how to NOT do so much?

Really, it just requires letting the house go to pits lol. Unless your DH actually cleans of course Feed the kids, do basic stuff, and leave it at that for a few weeks

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search