Nursing while babywearing?

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2008, 05:35 AM
NewbieMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many of you have nursed a baby while wearing them?

I am looking for a baby carrier that will help me to nurse my little one while staying somewhat hands free sometimes. I'd like one that works for a newborn best.

I have an almost 2 year old and I nursed him, but I never used any baby carriers for nursing. It just wasn't necessary, but I know I'm not going to be able to sit in my Lazy Boy Recliner all day long nursing the baby with a two year old running around!

Thanks for the input!

April 28th, 2008, 05:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've nursed in my Moby Wrap twice so far and it's not too hard. Check out this site, they have a comparison chart for tons or wraps and slings and they tell if it is easy to nurse in them.
April 28th, 2008, 06:30 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also have a moby. Its especially convenient if you plan to put it on and have it on for a while. Even like shopping - i'll keep it on even if baby is out to kepe from re-wrapping it. It does take practice though.

I also have a zolo sling - it works well for little ones too. As long as you have a shirt thats easily accessed, like a nursing shirt, most wraps & slings will work pretty well I personally havent had as much luck with pouches since they arent adjustable, or with the baby hawke b/c its a stiffer fabric.

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
April 28th, 2008, 09:09 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Hmm, I have something like the Moby and haven't figured it out yet. I just ordered the Ergo so I'll let you know if we manage in there.
April 28th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Momofapeanut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I nurse in the moby all the time... even walking at the park. It works really well.
April 28th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
^^^ I did it in my Moby walking through the zoo!
April 28th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Mikasa's Avatar Mom of 2 girls and 1 boy!
I have an infantino baby carrier and I have nursed in it while shopping before. It seems weird because the baby is upright, but I tried it and it is not awkward at all! My SIL did it and I was curious to see if I could do it and it was great. So simple when out for long periods of time!

April 28th, 2008, 06:51 PM
M&RsMom's Avatar Mama to silly boys
Send a message via AIM to M&RsMom
I nurse in my peanut shell sling all the time

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search