Lactation Consultant question

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2008, 07:28 PM
PennyLane1121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok my son is 9 1/2 months old and my supply is decreasing rapidly. Ive never had a great one because i was really sick in the beginning and have had to supplement. I stopped supplementing for 2 months but due to weight gain issues i had to begin again. I want to go see a LC but i am scared that she will think i waited to long to get assistance. (probably an irrational fear). What kind of services could she provide? Can she give medicine? Ive tried every trick so far. Now my son gets angry that there isnt enough milk and bites (well that and his teeth hurt). So would seeing a LC be beneficial? Im not ready to stop breastfeeding. I cry just thinking that it might be over. But i refuse to stop now. He still roots for it so i know he wants it , but i think he wants there to be more in there. Its hard to do an all day nurseathon with a busy 9 month old who bites. But i try. Im sore and fustrated. Any advice would be greatly appriciated. Thanks ladies!

April 29th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Mikasa's Avatar Mom of 2 girls and 1 boy!
Lactation consultants are soooo helpful, I would not have been able to nurse my first without her help. I don't think she will think you waited too long to seek help. They are there to help you and if you are not ready to give up, they will do anything they can to help you. The first one I saw was horrible and so mean to me for giving my baby a bottle and told me that she will never breastfeed now, so I was ready to give up. But DH urged me to ask for someone else and I am so glad I did. After 2 weeks of seeing her every other day DD was nursing like a champ. Definately give them a call, it is totally worth it!

April 29th, 2008, 09:21 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think you should definitely try. Shell be thankful you came for help at any point

Just curious - what do you think might be contributing to a decreasing supply & what signs of low supply are you going off of? Too few wet diapers, just hungry all the time, etc? Are you on BC?

I say see a LC asap - shell be able to give you suggestions & help with the biting issue, plus will also be able to get you hooked up with a Rx for supply if she deems it necessary

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search