Bf, Coffee and another ?

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2008, 09:52 AM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is it ok to drink a cup of coffee in the morning while breastfeeding? Also my nipples are VERY sensitive, even when i go outside, (its not very warm here) it is like, how do i explain this, like needles are stabbing them!! the feeling only lasts for a couple of seconds or so but dang. Is this ok or is there something wrong?

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

April 30th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I drink coffee in the morning and it doesn't seem to bother DD. I think it's fine but if your LO seems fussier than normal afterwards she may be sensitive too it.

The needles stabbing your nibbles sounds like you are feeling a let down. Do you leak when you feel this? I'm guessing this is it since your DD is so little and your supply is still regulating. Good Luck!!
April 30th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Coffee is fine as long as you don't notice a reaction from your little one to the caffiene. Some babies get fussy after thier mom drinks caffiene.
I agree, it sounds like your letdown. It took me a while to recognize mine. At first, I thought it was just too cold and they were responding to that. Then I realized it happened when I leaked, and it must be my letdown. Now it's much more obvious, because I only feel it when she is nursing.

Expecting baby #4!

April 30th, 2008, 11:27 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto the other girls!

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
April 30th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Is it ok to drink a cup of coffee in the morning while breastfeeding? Also my nipples are VERY sensitive, even when i go outside, (its not very warm here) it is like, how do i explain this, like needles are stabbing them!! the feeling only lasts for a couple of seconds or so but dang. Is this ok or is there something wrong?[/b]
every baby is different on what will effect them, I've never had any food/drink issues while nursing. In reference to nipples- when the feeling comes take a look at the nipples and see if there white as that's a sign of Raynaud's phenomenon. More then likely it's just let down.
May 3rd, 2008, 11:23 AM
Evvy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I drink coffee in the am WHILE nursing Leah Kate. I figure that is one of the few times I am sitting and relaxing anyhow, lol, and also that it has time to get out of my body before the next feeding. I often drink a few cups I'd just go with her cues, but I , for one, would not be able to function without it! ANd the needle feeling, yes, sounds like let down. It gets better as baby gets older.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search