Liam's driving me nuts

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2005, 09:03 AM
threeboyznme70's Avatar Veteran
I've generally taken the don't offer don't refuse method of nursing a toddler. I only offer at nap and bed times.

OMGosh, HE WON'T GET OFF OF ME!!! these days. It's "urse" and up on my lap, assuming the position. Then, it's right side, left side, right side, left side. Manners aside, this makes me crazy. He does it when he's going to sleep as well. He mostly does it when I won't let him play with the other side. Like, by denying him twiddle time, he feels like I'm denying him nursing on that side. That's not the case though.

I really want him to nurse as long as he wants, and at this point with the amount tha the's nursing, unscheduled, I really can't imagine how I could cut out a feeding to wean. I so wish he'd just self-wean in the next couple of months. Between him and my middle son's behavior, I'm just drained.

<sigh> maybe this would have been a better venting room post, but alas, I think it belongs here.

Tracy
January 10th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
I feel for ya, I can't stand twiddling. Thayer used to rub in between my breasts instead. Kiddos go through stages as they nurse, if you can put up w/ it I would just deal he'll find something else more interesting soon enough, that being said I used the don't offer don't refuse policy on all of mine 2 of them didn't wean until after they were 3!!! and that was with me refusing nursing sessions!!!! (((((hugs)))) it can be so frustrating but it's worth it.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 6, Xandria 4, Thayer 3, Alorah 1 and edd 7/9/05

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

January 10th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Alden was EXACTLY the same way...right, left, right, left... back and forth until it drove me batty! Actually, he's still that way, but he only nurses about 2x per day now (morning and bedtime) so it's not so bad.

I do think it's a developmental thing -- part of the whole increasing awareness of and desire for control over their environment.

I don't have any advice or solutions for you -- I just wanted to comiserate and tell you I'm right there with ya'!

Hugs and hang in there!!
Proud mom to my little kookaburra, Alden (03/02). #2 due 06/16/05

January 10th, 2005, 10:33 PM
zonapellucida
UMMM HUGS! Wiht Ella it has been "boob" as she pulls up my shirt. And if I deny her all heck breaks lose. Iw sihs I had an answer for you!
January 11th, 2005, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kristina@Jan 10 2005, 09:34 PM
I feel for ya, I can't stand twiddling.* Thayer used to rub in between my breasts instead.* Kiddos go through stages as they nurse, if you can put up w/ it I would just deal he'll find something else more interesting soon enough, that being said I used the don't offer don't refuse policy on all of mine 2 of them didn't wean until after they were 3!!! and that was with me refusing nursing sessions!!!!* (((((hugs)))) it can be so frustrating but it's worth it.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 6, Xandria 4, Thayer 3, Alorah 1 and edd 7/9/05
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

I admit that sometimes I do refuse him, but not terribly often. I do try to put him off otherwise, he'd be on my lap all day long. <sigh> I know it's worth it. I'm totally ok with him nursing until he's 3 (despite my mother who thinks he'll nurse until he's 6 ) I don't mind when he rubs between my breasts or even just holds on to the other side but OMGosh, the twiddling is making me insane. We fought several times last night and this morning. I ended up getting out of bed last nigth and letting dh put him to sleep. I spent 30 minutes with him off and on and off and on, trying to twiddle, rolling all over the bed. Dh came to bed and I rolled over. Liam totally melted down "momma, momma, momma, ursies, ursies, momma, momma" totally pathetic. So I told him he had one more opportunity to settle downa nd nurse or momma was leaving the room. 10 minutes later, I got up and left. He was alseep in 5 minutes after spending the first 2 SCREAMING at the top of his lungs MOMMMMMMMAAA ohhhhhhhh how I hate hearing him do that, but he'll figure it out eventually, right? Consitency is my key ..... I just have to keep being consistent ..... <chanting> this too shall pass, this too shall pass this too shall pass.......

Thanks for the support!
January 11th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by kookaburra@Jan 10 2005, 09:53 PM
Alden was EXACTLY the same way...right, left, right, left... back and forth until it drove me batty! Actually, he's still that way, but he only nurses about 2x per day now (morning and bedtime) so it's not so bad.

I do think it's a developmental thing -- part of the whole increasing awareness of and desire for control over their environment.

I don't have any advice or solutions for you -- I just wanted to comiserate and tell you I'm right there with ya'!

Hugs and hang in there!!
[/quote]

Thanks, Amber. I'd so be happy if we were down to 3 or 4 times a day (including the night) .... I think he only nursed at 10 and then at 7 this morning, but I was pretty tired last night, hemight have nursed in the middle of the night.
January 11th, 2005, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by zonapellucida@Jan 11 2005, 12:33 AM
UMMM HUGS!* Wiht Ella it has been "boob" as she pulls up my shirt.* And if I deny her all heck breaks lose.* Iw sihs I had an answer for you!
[/quote]

Heidi,

I totally can't imagine being in your shoes with another one. Just Sunday night, after Liam had been so good all day, I entertained thoughts of another one! lol ... We were watching 24 and Keifer Sutherland's girlfriend's name is Audrey. That's what we had picked out if Liam had been a girl. I looked at dh and said, one more try? He laughed and said, do you want another screaming Liam running around throwing himself on the floor? OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EVERYTHING causes a meltdown these days. Complete with throwing himself ont he floor, kicking and screaming. I had to go pick Chase up last night. I'm 3 miles from the Junior high. Liam was TICKED off when I left and when I got back less than 10 minutes later, he was still laying in the same spot by the door ..... ASLEEP! All I could do was laugh. So, anyway, I think yesterday was a reminder from God that 3 is ENOUGH! lolol I don't know how you do it! I totally wanted a huge family, but I just don't know if I could take it.

Thanks for the support. I knew I could count on you ladies!
March 4th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Veteran
ha! that was a good read

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search