Starting Middle Of Night Feedings Again??

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2005, 01:50 AM
Pauba
Ok so I am so very new to this whole breastfeeding thing. It is currently 3:34am. Anyways after a rough start and ready to give up at 2.5 wks I made it thru and boy did it get easier just like everyone said. DD has been sleeping thru the night since about 2mos old. She is now 4mos. Just a bit ago at 10 to 3am I heard her stiring(sp) so I go ck on her when she started to get real fusses. Gave her her binky back and rubbed her tummy thinking that may be all she needs as it was only the 2nd time she's been in her crib in a room separate from me.

Side note she only slept maybe twice before in there. Once when I laid her down while doing DS bedtime routine and she was out like a light. Once for a nap. And we are moving tomorrow to a house and she is fast outgrowing her bassinet so I thought I'd try to ease her into the crib KWIM?

Anyway, I decided to get on the computer just to occupy myself and assure myself she was fine. Also so I wouldn't be half asleep should she need more than her bink and reassurance I was still nearby. So at just about 3am she is Ms Fusses again. I give her a few min of fuss then go in and get her. Bring her back to my room as there's not a place to chng her in there due to the move and no place to nurse her. I chng her and decided she may want to nurse after she fussed all thru her diaper chng and was fussing at the bink like it was not what she really wanted. But like a good Mommy I decided she would be more comfortable in a clean diaper esp as she would prob be ready to go back to sleep after her meal.

So now here I sit making sure she is truly ok and she is. Not a peep outta her. I guess my question is this: She just had her 4mos doc visit yesterday w/ shots and all. Gave her tylenol twice cause even after nursing and clean diaper and cuddling she still real fuss. Plus I think she's working on a tooth as she is Ms Drools Alot and Gnaws Alot and I think she is close to maybe rolling over. Anyway, could middle of the night feeds be coming back and is that normal?? As I said I am learning as I go since I wasn't able to nurse DS. Maybe once or twice b4 she has nursed in the middle of the night in the last mo.

I guess I just want to know what the norm may be. Is this a growth spurt? A developmental milestone around the corner? A just cause I can thing? I am pretty sure she is not ready for cereal yet as she seems very satisfied after she nurses.

Ok, sorry so long. Thanks for reading and for any input.
January 15th, 2005, 10:10 AM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Paulette,
I think it could very well be any or all of the things you mentionedl; recovering from the shots, growth spurt, teething, new milestone....and it's all very normal. Congratulations on sticking with breastfeeding! Good luck with the move, and I hope you stick around here

</div>
January 18th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Veteran
I agree with LuckyGirlx4. But,,,, I also see no problem with a baby nursing during the night. My daughter is almost one year old and she still nurses 2-3 times a night. It's good to hear that you kept up with nursing your child.
Expecting #2 in October
March 4th, 2005, 09:50 AM
Veteran
Lucky girl - good call
March 4th, 2005, 10:15 AM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by tonyageiger@Mar 4 2005, 10:50 AM
Lucky girl - good call
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Why thank ya!