Question

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2008, 09:50 PM
SFGiantsGirl's Avatar Super Mommy
So I have a question about breastfeeding. I have had breast reduction surgery, I want to have childgren. I am scared to breast feed though, because I do not want my breasts to be large again. I was a triple D and it was very uncomfortable and painful, the doctor took me down to a C...yay!so much better!!! My doctor told me that it would be fine to breast feed, but there is a chance that my breasts will not go back to a C. Do you think that will happen or what? Is is better to breast feed, or is it just as good to use formula. I know it is a whole lot different now than when I was a baby, the formula was just not the same.

August 12th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Breastfeeding will change your boobs, but I wouldn't worry too much about never having them go back to size. To start with, pregnancy itself will change your boobs more than breastfeeding. Every woman prepares to breastfeed while they are pregnant, since it's what nature intended. Most women grow at least a little bit while they are pregnant, and thier breasts develop and prepare to make milk. Once you have your baby, your milk will also come in (not something you can avoid). This is usually when woman's breasts become thier biggest, although some woman notice absolutely no changes at all. Whether you breastfeed or not, these changes will take place and after your milk dries up or you wean, your breasts will return to at least close to thier pre-pregnancy size. The only way to avoid it altogether is just not to get pregnant, but I know most of us wouldn't even consider that. It's definitely worth it!

Expecting baby #4!

August 12th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
I really don't think you need to worry about going all the way back to a DDD from your now C. And, like pp said, most of the growing will happen during pregnancy, and then immediately following the birth. So, if you have a baby, breastfed or not, the changes will happen. But, I think the benefits of breastfeeding far outweigh the disadvantages of larger breasts.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search