Offering some hope

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was just sitting here thinking to myself as I TRY to get my 3 month old to take a bottle so he can eat at the sitters that I would give someone hope with my story. When Gavin was born, he wouldn't latch to save his/my life. The LC told me I had flat nipples (she actually said my nipples sucked and she would be suprised if he could). My sister has flat nipples and couldn't BF her children. I was sooo upset. I cried the first couple of days. But, with nipple guards and persistence, my LO latched on and we have beeen going strong ever since! So much so, I cannot get him to take a bottle . So, the morale of this story is, don't give up - you can do it!
August 16th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for sharing, you're right, it's always worth it! My DD never took bottles after she was a few weeks old so I couldn't leave her with anyone for more than a few hours. It ended up being okay though, I survived and it really wasn't that bad. I would have liked a break in there here and there, but it didn't hurt me either. Eventually, I just gave up and accepted that she wouldn't take one. I know bottles can introduce problems also, at times, so I just considered it a blessing in disguise.
August 18th, 2008, 07:29 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Yay, thanks for sharing!!!
August 18th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
I was just sitting here thinking to myself as I TRY to get my 3 month old to take a bottle so he can eat at the sitters that I would give someone hope with my story. When Gavin was born, he wouldn't latch to save his/my life. The LC told me I had flat nipples (she actually said my nipples sucked and she would be suprised if he could). My sister has flat nipples and couldn't BF her children. I was sooo upset. I cried the first couple of days. But, with nipple guards and persistence, my LO latched on and we have beeen going strong ever since! So much so, I cannot get him to take a bottle . So, the morale of this story is, don't give up - you can do it![/b]
that's great! can you add your experience to the 'our stories' section?

August 18th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
I was just sitting here thinking to myself as I TRY to get my 3 month old to take a bottle so he can eat at the sitters that I would give someone hope with my story. When Gavin was born, he wouldn't latch to save his/my life. The LC told me I had flat nipples (she actually said my nipples sucked and she would be suprised if he could). My sister has flat nipples and couldn't BF her children. I was sooo upset. I cried the first couple of days. But, with nipple guards and persistence, my LO latched on and we have beeen going strong ever since! So much so, I cannot get him to take a bottle . So, the morale of this story is, don't give up - you can do it![/b]
that's great! can you add your experience to the 'our stories' section?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search