Breastfeeding?

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Cat19's Avatar Member
Hello
My baby is due in the end of december
and i want to breastfeed bc ive heard its better for the baby?
and well its more natural
If i breastfeed how long will i be breastfeeding before you ween the baby?
whats the best ways to go?
im only 19 and very new to this mommy stuff so any advice will be greatly apreciated
August 17th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome to Just Mommies! There are many boards you can benefit from here, including the Teen Mommies and the December 09 Due Date Club (and this one, of course ). Breastfeeding is definitely best for your baby and there is no set time for you to do it. Ideally, you'd breastfeed for the first year and offer baby food around 4-6 months old. You could also breastfeed longer or less. It's totally up to you and any amount of time is better than none. Stick around here and you will be a pro in no time Also, check out Kellymom.com for tons of useful breastfeeding information.
August 17th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Breastfeeding has countless benefits for baby, many which last a lifetime, and some for moms as well. There is some great info in the breastfeeding/formula debates boards, its a subforum in Debates. There are links on benefits, even some womens stories of hardships; you'll learn a lot. I did. This forum, bf/ff debates, other websites, books, etc. Educate yourself as much as possible. Breastfeeding gives your baby the best start in life

And the biggest thing, bfing moms get more sleeep!! And save lots of money

http://www.justmommies.com/boards/in...?showforum=660 Heres the debate forums. Grab some popcorn, its a ton of reading, very informative. I still read all the time and I been bfing for 6 months

I also agree about joining the Dec 09 DDC. And ditto everything Christy said

August 18th, 2008, 05:17 AM
Cat19's Avatar Member
Ok thankyou

and the december due date club says you have to have 200 posts?
ad something about a password?
August 18th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to tia Send a message via Yahoo to tia
That's for their private forum. You can post in the DDC now.
August 18th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Cat19's Avatar Member
Quote:
That's for their private forum. You can post in the DDC now.[/b]
oh ok thankyou i was confused
August 19th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope you do stick around, and get to know the girls in the DDC and even lurk on the bfing forums. I have learned so much from JM

August 19th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! Definitely pop into the December DDC, I'm a member there and due with our second on December 8th.

There's a lot to take in as a first time mom. Do you have any pregnancy books, like What to Expect When You're Expecting? It doesn't get too much into certain topics, but it's great for basic information to guide you along. You can also get a breastfeeding book or check out a website like Kellymom.com for breastfeeding information. You can breastfeed your baby for as long as you want. There's no set time that you have to wean. Now that formula feeding is becoming more normal, a lot of people feel you should wean from bottle or breast at a year. I chose to let my daughter self-wean and it's worked well for us.

Expecting baby #4!

August 19th, 2008, 06:26 PM
*~LuckyCharms~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just dropping in! I used to post here once in awhile when I was breastfeeding my son Kyle. I nursed him for 14 months and I have to say it was among the best things about being his Mommy. We had a GREAT experience! My advice....STICK AROUND THIS BOARD!!! The girls on here are so knowledgeable and helpful....I rarely had anything to add because everyone had it all covered. Also, even if it is tough at the beginning, DO NOT give up if you are committed to making it work! See a lactation consultant ASAP after birth, and read up beforehand. You will save soooo many hundreds of dollars on formula and it truly is the best thing for your baby. The bonding, the nutrition they get from you, all of it is so irreplaceable and so special!

best of luck to you!! !

Thanks to cavewoman for my adorable siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search