Help! What is going on?

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2008, 05:06 AM
jentanne
My baby was throwing up and had diarreha on Friday. I had to come from work and pick her up. I tried to call the doc but he was out until today. She did fine all Friday after I got her. I gave her pedialyte and she was fine. Then I tried to BF again. THe first time she did fine. The next time she threw up right after. Saturday she was fine except for diarreha like twice. I gave her a bottle of BM that morning then during the day she had formula like she normally does. I gave her BM that night and morning. She threw up a little that morning (at first I just thought it was spit up) the last night when I started BFing again she threw up twice. A lot!! So, I have no idea what is going on, but except for Saturday it almost seems like it is tied to the bfing. THat sounds crazy, but could it be? I have never had one of mine be sick, then fine, then sick again the next day. Help!!
August 18th, 2008, 07:20 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Have you eaten anything new lately (or in larger quantities) that she might have an intollerance or allergy for?

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
August 18th, 2008, 09:33 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Poor baby. When you say she had BM, was it through nursing or in a bottle? If it was in a bottle, maybe the milk went bad? Are you sure it's vomit and not just bad spit up?
August 18th, 2008, 03:11 PM
jentanne
Well, once it was for sure throw up because she was heaving. The other times she did not. I have another question now though... I just pumped a little while ago and my milk looked really watery. I am not used to seeing it in a bottle anymore though only formula. So, I can't tell if there is something wrong with it or if I am just used to seeing formula now.... ugh...

She did good at daycare today. My dh thinks it is the BM and wants me to quit. I want to try again tonight... and I will be. However, if she does this again, I dont know what I should do...

Oh, the BM she threw up was from the breast the BM she kept down was from a bottle.
August 18th, 2008, 04:43 PM
angieelee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The watery milk you see is the foremilk- it is less fatty than the milk that comes out a few minutes after the foremilk- that milk is white.

Have you taken any meds or herbs?

Your BM is the very best thing you can feed her. I suggest waiting it out. Try to notice the amount of air she takes in when she feeds. If she is on and off and on and off while nursing, she may be taking in a lot of air and therefore spitting up because of it. See if she does the same thing while drinking from the bottle.

I am not an expert, but I am sure someone with more experience will correct me if I am wrong. There are some wise ladies here.
August 18th, 2008, 04:53 PM
.adi.
Your BM can't go bad in your breast. It sounds like something you ate. Did you eat onions, something spicy or something citric? Try keeping tabs on what you eat. your milk will be the easiest thing on her stomach right now, so I suggest continuing to bf and definitely dont quit!

Hope she gets to feeling better soon! Poor baby

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search