Question.. Anyone small chested and able to BF?

Forum: Breastfeeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey ladies,

So I have always planned on BF since I got pregnant.. but here I am 17wks and still my BB have not grown at all.. Which is a little disappointing as I am small chested(I would not say A but not quite a B cup)
So my question is.. was anyone here able to BF being small chested?
Did you BB ever grow? I am assuming they will a bit when milk comes in..

I really don't understand why I am not growing at all( cup size) .. Is this a common thing for small chested woman? Or is it just me? I keep reading in my books and on boards how ladies BB grow like 2 sizes by now..

thanks!!

August 20th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Hey ladies,

So I have always planned on BF since I got pregnant.. but here I am 17wks and still my BB have not grown at all.. Which is a little disappointing as I am small chested(I would not say A but not quite a B cup)
So my question is.. was anyone here able to BF being small chested?
Did you BB ever grow? I am assuming they will a bit when milk comes in..

I really don't understand why I am not growing at all( cup size) .. Is this a common thing for small chested woman? Or is it just me? I keep reading in my books and on boards how ladies BB grow like 2 sizes by now..

thanks!![/b]
Me! Me! (raises hand)

I am a 32 A and am breastfeeding number 2. I breastfed number 1 for 6.5 months but supplemented during the day. I am exclusively breastfeeding this time around pumping and all it has been almost 4 months. I wore the same bra size all through my pregnancy. I would say they got a little bigger but not enough to increase the cup size. Nursing bras do not come in size A (or at least I couldnt find any) so I have a B in them and they fit but I can still wear my 32 A's from pre and during pregnancy.

Breast size does not indicate how much milk you make at all! So you should be just fine

Welcome! And congrats! Keep hanging around here. You can get a lot of great information. Everyone is so helpful.

(1)
August 20th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
thanks so much! That does help!

I have another question, I did not grow cup size but have expanded.. I was a 38 pre-pregnancy.. and my bra don't fit anymore, way too tight. I am probably a 40 now..
All my bras have under wire.. soo anyhow I was wondering if I should get a bra w/ out under wire when I got to the mall tomorrow?

August 20th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wore underwire the whole time I was pregnant. My nursing bras do not have underwire as that is a contributing factor to clogged ducts and mastitis. That being said I do not think that underwire is a problem during pregnancy. Just once the milk comes in. I would get what you would be most comfortable in...

HTH

(1)
August 20th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm barely a B too (or at least pre pregnancy I am). I had C last time while pumping and this time I am up to D. I'm producing more than enough for my little guy!
August 20th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was always an A, until about 4 days PP when I went up to a D. Im glad I took everyones advice and bought my nursing bras after she was born. I would have gotten a much smaller bra. Its great having boobs! Except that a lot of my shirts are kinda tight now.

August 21st, 2008, 05:57 AM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
I haven't read the other posts, but I am average size chested, but my boobs NEVER grew during pregnancy and really afterwards. I never engorged and yet, plenty of milk and still BFing almost 10 months later. Good luck! Things will be just fine!

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

August 21st, 2008, 09:04 AM
Spacey Stacy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was a B pre pregnancy and now I'm a large C and able to feed him just fine..

August 21st, 2008, 09:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks so much ladies

August 21st, 2008, 01:00 PM
.erin.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was an A, almost a B, and when I got pregnant they just grew to a B comfortably. When your milk comes in they will get bigger though! It's nice having boobs lol. I went to a c cup. It can be done!! And at least you don't have to worry about them getting huge and heavy and giving you back problems.

August 21st, 2008, 03:54 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm small chested - barely a B prepg, during pg, and after pg lol. I never got bigger, not during pg, not after the baby came, nothign lol.

My little one is 22 months & still nursing strong

The ONLY issue i had with supply was when I was working FT & not pumping faithfully & working too many hours, that combined with stress caused a dip, but i worked it back up & have never ever had to supplement with formula

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
August 21st, 2008, 04:15 PM
cln1812's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Me! I was an A cup pre-preg. and only just got to a B cup by the end of pregnancy. I was a short-lived C cup during the engorgement phase but went quickly back to a 34 B. I have been BF'ing 8 months now and have no plans to stop soon

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search